Familiarisation Test Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Golddust99

Familiarisation Test Results

Post by Golddust99 »

Hi all,I was just wondering what your kids got in their familiarisation/mock tests? My son scored lower than I expected, 54% in maths and 55% in English. In practice papers he was averaging around 80% in maths and 60-70% in English. He did say he found the mock test harder than the practice papers. How did yours do?

Also does anyone know what the second stage tests for Sutton Grammar and Wilson's are like? Are they the same just not multiple choice?
Bluearrow

Re: Familiarisation Test Results

Post by Bluearrow »

Golddust99 wrote:Hi all,I was just wondering what your kids got in their familiarisation/mock tests? My son scored lower than I expected, 54% in maths and 55% in English. In practice papers he was averaging around 80% in maths and 60-70% in English. He did say he found the mock test harder than the practice papers. How did yours do?

Also does anyone know what the second stage tests for Sutton Grammar and Wilson's are like? Are they the same just not multiple choice?
Which mock test did he attend? Was it just one? There is really not too much meaning just comparing the raw score of the mock test with practice papers.

In general, the mock test gives a fairly reasonable indication of the child's performance against the cohort taking the mock test. Therefore, it gives parents some idea on which level the child is at
Golddust99

Post by Golddust99 »

Bluearrow wrote:
Golddust99 wrote:Hi all,I was just wondering what your kids got in their familiarisation/mock tests? My son scored lower than I expected, 54% in maths and 55% in English. In practice papers he was averaging around 80% in maths and 60-70% in English. He did say he found the mock test harder than the practice papers. How did yours do?

Which mock test did he attend? Was it just one? There is really not too much meaning just comparing the raw score of the mock test with practice papers.

In general, the mock test gives a fairly reasonable indication of the child's performance against the cohort taking the mock test. Therefore, it gives parents some idea on which level the child is at
He did one at High View Primary School, He couldn't get a spot at any of the grammars. It didn't give a comparative score against the cohort just a percentage of correct answers
Bluearrow

Post by Bluearrow »

Golddust99 wrote:
He did one at High View Primary School, He couldn't get a spot at any of the grammars. It didn't give a comparative score against the cohort just a percentage of correct answers
In that case, the score is pretty meaningless unless you were given a copy of the exam paper and can at least see which type of questions he got wrong.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now