Wandsworth test pass rate for Graveney

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Suslik

Wandsworth test pass rate for Graveney

Post by Suslik »

So i am reading that to get into Graveney safely one needs about 250 score in the test. I understand that test results are scored relatively to the population of kids taking the test that year. However, could readers share their views as to roughly what percentage of questions answered correctly will get us over the 250 threshold? Given how many years test has been run for, i am guessing we can have a good feel for what it is.

Essentialy i think i am asking for average historical conversion from raw score to standardised.

My daughter is doing practice tests and i am pulling my hair, not having a clue as to where her results leave her for the actual test.

Massive thanks
Suslik

Re: Wandsworth test pass rate for Graveney

Post by Suslik »

Would love some comments please!
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

It's not really possible to give you an accurate answer. Even if a child got exactly 250 they wouldn't know what their raw score had been to get that mark. And even if they could somehow confidently tell you that they got about 60% right, it wouldn't help as there are no practice papers for the Wandsworth test so you wouldn't know how 60% in the exam compares with 60% when practicing at home.

What you can work out is that to get a standardised score of 250 across two tests you're going to need to be in the top 7-8% of the cohort. That should give you an idea of the level you're aiming for.
Suslik

Post by Suslik »

Top 7-8% - that sounds very tough! Thanks Streathammum
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

It is tough, but bear in mind that all children in Wandsworth take the test so the ability of the cohort is quite broad. Good luck.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

For the last few years the initial cut off for selective places for Graveney was around 252/253. It had dropped down to around 248 by the end of the summer. This year I believe it is currently standing at 250. I think you need to be aiming at around 88% and upwards in the practice papers at this stage.
Suslik

Post by Suslik »

MCLC - thanks for a benchmark. Will keep 88% or similar in mind.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Suslik wrote:MCLC - thanks for a benchmark. Will keep 88% or similar in mind.

I would recommend purchasing the GL assessment papers and working your way through those under times conditions.
Suslik

Post by Suslik »

Thanks MCLC, we have those, both GL and CGP books. Working through steadily.

Btw, do you know if GL NVR always includes spatial, or not necessarily? Its a fairly new topic for us, dont want to spend much time on it if its a very small part of the test.