Percentage to pass

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Trafford32

Percentage to pass

Post by Trafford32 »

I know we don’t get raw marks. But does anyone have a rough estimate of percentage marks required to pass for Altrincham girls? Are we taking 90%+? Or below?

Also how much easier is Stretford grammar? Would 60% be sufficient to pass for Stretford?

DD is doing practice papers and ranges from 50-80% at the moment - very inconsistent.
enema

Re: Percentage to pass

Post by enema »

I think it depends on a mix of the average ability of the cohort taking the exams, the numbers applying, and then how many list each school as first choice.

AGGS has for some reason historically been thought of as harder to pass despite running papers by the same provider up until the last 2 years, and now they both use exactly the same paper. Maybe higher numbers of prep school pupils (ie prepped more) take AGGS's as more are located nearby and the avg ability is higher, although that is just an idea. I think that CEM papers have lower pass thresholds though, I have heard people say 50% can be a pass. It will depend also on what tests you are prepping with and how consistent they are with the exam paper style/level. Also, data on the impact of Stretford moving to CEM has not really become clear/in the public realm yet so its difficult to assess.
Trafford32

Re: Percentage to pass

Post by Trafford32 »

Thanks. Stretford is often slated by parents, but the pupils there can't be so bad if they passed the CEM.