Help with Math question. - Finding day in a year based on pr

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KentbridgeDad

Help with Math question. - Finding day in a year based on pr

Post by KentbridgeDad »

Dear members, how do we find out future day based on a date/day today.

For example 14th of August 2018 is Tuesday. What will be the day on 16th of November 2018.

If the question is say 14th of August 2018 is Tuesday. What will be the day on 24th of September 2018 then one can count block of 7 days and go about it but when month changes the remainder can be 2 or 3 depending on the month and it gets complicated.

I remember while doing preparation for my son 4 years ago, I had found a good explanation in this forum only that handled every situation even year change but could not find after several attempts.

Will appreciate if someone can help pls.

Cheers
Guest55

Re: Help with Math question. - Finding day in a year based o

Post by Guest55 »

KentbridgeDad wrote:For example 14th of August 2018 is Tuesday. What will be the day on 16th of November 2018.

If the question is say 14th of August 2018 is Tuesday. What will be the day on 24th of September 2018 then one can count block of 7 days and go about it but when month changes the remainder can be 2 or 3 depending on the month and it gets complicated.

I remember while doing preparation for my son 4 years ago, I had found a good explanation in this forum only that handled every situation even year change but could not find after several attempts.
If there were 28 days in a month it would be easy so one way is to use that

14th Aug is a Tues so in Sept the 14th is + 3 [August has 31 days], in Oct + 2 [September has 30 days], in Nov +3 so 14th Nov is Tues + 8 ie Wednesday, so 16th is a Friday. Does that help?
KentbridgeDad

Re: Help with Math question. - Finding day in a year based o

Post by KentbridgeDad »

Thank you so much Guest55. Appreciate your help.

Cheers
Guest55 wrote:
KentbridgeDad wrote:For example 14th of August 2018 is Tuesday. What will be the day on 16th of November 2018.

If there were 28 days in a month it would be easy so one way is to use that

14th Aug is a Tues so in Sept the 14th is + 3 [August has 31 days], in Oct + 2 [September has 30 days], in Nov +3 so 14th Nov is Tues + 8 ie Wednesday, so 16th is a Friday. Does that help?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now