Re: BWWW waiting list 2018 - current status

Post by 4xround »

Just a few more places to go!!
DS now no 3 for HGS....
Can it still be done???
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

4xround wrote:Just a few more places to go!!
DS now no 3 for HGS....
Can it still be done???
DEFINITELY!

Keep fingers and everything else crossed.

All the best.
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

DS now no 3 for HGS....
Can it still be done???
I hope so! How is your son coping with the uncertainty? Or does he think he's definitely going elsewhere?

I'm fairly sure he should get a place once term starts, as there are bound to be one or two no-shows. But ideally you'd want him to start on day 1 (and avoid having to pay for two different blazers!).

All the best!
ds205

Post by ds205 »

HGS is very slow in processing the offers. After a week follow-up today we got the offer letter which we have accepted. Concern lady seems to be on leave that might be causing the delay.
4xround : Once she is back your DS position will be clearer. With WL position 3, my guess is he will surely get an offer. All the best.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

DS now no 3 for HGS....
Can it still be done???
Without a shadow of a doubt, but this may be once term starts. I say this knowing how many offers were made after the September start, imcluding my own son who was made an offer one week in.
4xround

Post by 4xround »

There is still HOPE!!
DS is no 2 for HGS
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

4xround wrote:There is still HOPE!!
DS is no 2 for HGS
Hopefully he’ll get his place before term starts, but if not I would imagine there would be at least 2 no shows come September. All the best.
Harj1234

Post by Harj1234 »

I have been watching with a broken heart my DS has been going through **** trying to understand why he wasn’t good enough to get a spot. Today was a great day getting the nod that he would be offered a place at HGS. I am lost for words it is so hard to comprehend what we go through just to see our loved ones succeed in life I hope all those who are close to 205 will also feel the happiness we do today.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Really pleased for you that your son has got the place you coveted, but please do not equate getting a grammar school place with success in life.

Success comes in many different forms - often related to hard work (which can happen in any school) - and a lack of hard work can lead to failure (even in a grammar school). Some people equate success with money - I personally equate success with happiness and health.

My point is that success is absolutely NOT defined by whether a child gets into a grammar school or not.
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Really pleased for you that your son has got the place you coveted, but please do not equate getting a grammar school place with success in life.

Success comes in many different forms - often related to hard work (which can happen in any school) - and a lack of hard work can lead to failure (even in a grammar school). Some people equate success with money - I personally equate success with happiness and health.

My point is that success is absolutely NOT defined by whether a child gets into a grammar school or not.
I like what you've just said.

As a teacher I echo every word you've just spoken.