Mock Scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kumarkj

Mock Scores

Post by kumarkj »

Hello there,

Does anyone have any luck with the 11plusmocks.co.uk mock exams for Birmingham?
My DD has taken the mock today and awaiting the results.

However, whilst we are waiting for the mock results, it would be very helpful to know some scores and experiences of the children whom have already taken this test.

Many thanks,
NK
KH1970

Re: Mock Scores

Post by KH1970 »

My DD did one of these in July. The results came out pretty quickly (think she did it on the Sunday and the results came out on the Tuesday) with a fairly detailed report. Is this the company who actually give you the questions?)

My DD didn’t do very well but that was because it was the second mock she’d done and on the first one she’d ran out of time so I talked to her about guessing if she didn’t have time but it backfired a bit as when she was told she had 5 mins to go she started guessing, and then realised 5 mins was quite long and confessed she didn’t go back and check her answers!

We’ve used 3 different companies (just because of dates, nothing else) and she got 59%, 56% (this one) and 69%. The one thing I would say is that this company used different answer sheets apparently to the two other companies and her tutor.

Hope this helps.
kumarkj

Post by kumarkj »

Thank you so much for this quick response. It does help us to understand the situation. We are still working through her mock test scores. So far, she has taken one (a different company) in which she scored 64%. We expect her to score around 50-52% in this one. In the test today, my DD said, she missed the audio advice on the time limit for the reading comprehension section.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Many thanks,
NK
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

My DD took it did not do well scored 44% she ran out of time on everything yet on the Shirley one scored 73% I don’t understand why such a difference. She said time given was way too tight and no countdown of times given. I’m not sure whether the times were tight deliberately just doesn’t seem realistic to me. Welcome any feedback from others
KH1970

Post by KH1970 »

Right, I’ve realised I’ve got confused between the mocks!! This company (11 plus mocks) was the first one she did and got 59% but there were 250 questions as opposed to around 200 questions in the other two mocks she did do significantly more! I know DD managed to answer just under 200 of them in the time frame so not unlike both your daughters. DD got 69 in the Shirley mock.

On our report, which was fairly basic compared to others, I could see that DD had answered less than 200 questions (out of the 250) but of the questions she had answered she got around 75%. On a positive day I’m saying to myself that isn’t far off the 69% in the Shirley mock... I’m ignoring the middle mock (at 56%!) as she admitted she guessed loads of them as over compensated for not finishing the first mock!! Obviously I have other days when I think what’s the point!!
Dadybear

Post by Dadybear »

I got to say some of you parents are delusional on here

The amount of pressure your putting on your dcs is immense even before the actual event

Do you not think the actual event isn't daunting enough for an 11 year old

Ok yes one mock is enough to get into the idea of the procedure & to get an idea of how they are progressing but they do this at school when taking sats

Do you not realise these people run a business & are not in love with your child like you are

This is the last chance to make more money from this cohort do you think they are going to make these tests easy

come on parents open your eyes not your wallets :lol:
Inner Chimp

Post by Inner Chimp »

Dadybear wrote:I got to say some of you parents are delusional on here

The amount of pressure your putting on your dcs is immense even before the actual event

Ok yes one mock is enough to get into the idea of the procedure & to get an idea of how they are progressing but they do this at school when taking sats

Do you not realise these people run a business & are not in love with your child like you are

This is the last chance to make more money from this cohort do you think they are going to make these tests easy

Daddybear I notice most of your posts are rather unhelpful. If you don’t have anything positive or helpful to say you really should keep your negative comments to yourself.
Sats are taken at the end of year 6, the 11 plus test is at the start of year 6 so how precisely do parents get an idea how their child is progressing before the test?

As for delusional and pressure you have no idea what what each parent and child is doing or going through on this site so don’t judge us all by your wonderful standards. And I will not engage in further conversation with you as you seem to thrive on your absurd comments.
daddyof3

Post by daddyof3 »

Inner Chimp wrote:

Daddybear I notice most of your posts are rather unhelpful. If you don’t have anything positive or helpful to say you really should keep your negative comments to yourself.
Sats are taken at the end of year 6, the 11 plus test is at the start of year 6 so how precisely do parents get an idea how their child is progressing before the test?

As for delusional and pressure you have no idea what what each parent and child is doing or going through on this site so don’t judge us all by your wonderful standards. And I will not engage in further conversation with you as you seem to thrive on your absurd comments.

Excellent comment Inner Chimp. I could not have put it better myself. Unfortunately we have quite a few judgemental parents on this forum.

Every parent should prepare their DC in the best way for them.
conroyiwhiwhu

Post by conroyiwhiwhu »

daddyof3 wrote:
Inner Chimp wrote:

Excellent comment Inner Chimp. I could not have put it better myself. Unfortunately we have quite a few judgemental parents on this forum.

Every parent should prepare their DC in the best way for them.
+1
Dadybear

Post by Dadybear »

How have I been unhelpful when I have said think of your children & the pressure

Some of you think your taking the test yourself

The negative comments are from people affiliated to this site & the profession :lol: :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now