A level results 2018

Discussion and advice on Sixth Form matters

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Guest55

A level results 2018

Post by Guest55 »

All the best to everyone waiting for results this year. It would be great if people could post whether their DS/DD gets their preferred uni over the next few days.
Please do not post grades, they aren't yours to post and some students may be struggling with disappointment.
silverysea

Re: A level results 2018

Post by silverysea »

Good luck all! Trying to prepare for the worst and hope for the best here....
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I hope everyone's children get the grades they deserve. I'm quite relaxed for my daughter, she did the very best she could have done in terms of effort, revision and preparation so whatever grades she gets will be the absolute best she can achieve. We experienced 11+ non-qualification eight years ago and all it did was take her down a slightly different path and I'm sure any A-level grades will do the same if they're not enough for her university choices. Many years ago my own A-level grades were deservedly poor but I'm very happy with how things panned out. I'm one of those people who has a degree in a subject I completely flunked at A-level. Disappointing results can certainly make life difficult and even close doors but they do open up other opportunities, too.
KB

Post by KB »

+1 to Guest55
Even for those looking for advice it's not usually necessary to post grades - a 'just missed' or 'was very disappointed' is almost always sufficient info.
And advice can usually be offered in a general way with suggestions of routes to explore etc.

Also +1 to anotherdad
We've been on both sides on various occasions and there is always a way forward. Long held plans may need to change and that's bound to take some adjustment but best thing parents can do ( after oodles of love) is quietly embrace the new route.

Thinking of everyone receiving results over the next week or so.
mm23292

Post by mm23292 »

Similar path here anotherdad. Let’s hope the journey ends well! Best of luck to all our wonderful DC.
timothylewin

Post by timothylewin »

Grade boundaries for Geography just posted on Edexcel
Miltonkeynes1

Post by Miltonkeynes1 »

Me too. I didn't do as well as expected in my A'levels. I completely went off the rails at 18, so got what I deserved but everything worked out in the end and there is nothing I would change about my career path.

Best of luck to all DC's tomorrow.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Good luck all, thankfully year out planned here if clearing doesn’t work out.

Have to say it’s worse when it’s your children. I can’t help wanting to protect mine from hurt and it’s been an awful couple of years in that score.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hope things work out Tolstoy, DS is just coming out of his gap year and has had a great time.

Fingers crossed for everybody who has a dc collecting A level results today.

Hopefully the majority will get the grades they require for their next step but for those who don't, remember that you can reach the same destination by many routes. I know that may sound trite but it is very true and I'm wearing the T shirt!! :wink:

GOODLUCK xx

Post by anotherdad »

My daughter got what she needed for her first choice.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now