Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Jules22

Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar

Post by Jules22 »

Does anyone know what score you need for Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar?
ToadMum

Re: Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar

Post by ToadMum »

Jules22 wrote:Does anyone know what score you need for Tunbridge Wells Boys Grammar?
https://docs.google.com/gview?url=https ... edded=true

Page 12

This is 2018 entry, but unless something has changed for 2019 and / or I've completely missed something, admission appears to be on a pass in the Kent Test, then on various criteria (siblings, place of residence, distance etc), not ranked by score?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Jules22

Post by Jules22 »

Thanks! If we're 14.401 miles is that unlikely.. I have no idea! I see TWGSB boys getting on at our station.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Whereabouts are you/which station? Have you checked ToadMum's link above, it does list the parishes, are you in one of them?

If you can indicate roughly where you are somebody may have some more detailed information as there are a number of TWGSB parents on the Kent section of the forum.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Jules22

Post by Jules22 »

I live in Frittenden.
Moosey69

Post by Moosey69 »

Depends entirely on the amount of applications, size of year group etc. I wouldn't rule it out, I've known boys to get in from Lewes in previous years and my son has a friend in his form (Y8) who lives in Orpington. It's judged purely on pass and distance once all the other criteria have been applied.
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

The proposed PAN for Year 7 at Tunbridge Wells Boys' next year is 210. This is predicated on KCC Planning approving the proposal and full plans for site improvements and new buildings. These have already been submitted and the public consultation window has just closed.

My DS is in Year 9 and the new facilities are sorely needed. There have been temporary 'bulge' classes these past two years and the school really can't cope without the additional classrooms and sports centre in the near future.

We live in North Sevenoaks and were anxious about DS getting in on distance since the previous year to his had a catchment boundary only 100 yards beyond where we live. As Moosey69 says, there are a lot of variables, but simultaneous expansion of a number of T Wells and Tonbridge schools should help maintain the bigger T Wells Boys' catchment area of the past couple of years.
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

As will the fairly recent reduction in OOC places at Judd ( and I think Skinners) as this has freed up more places for local boys at those schools which will reduce the pressure on TWGSB
chimera-ma

Post by chimera-ma »

Yes! Judd introduced a West Kent catchment area a couple of years ago for most of its places (still selecting by highest scores within the catchment) and Skinners' recently consulted on doing something similar from 2019.

T Wells Boys' is still the only selective boys' school in the area just to require a pass in the Kent Test. Good luck to everyone with DCs sitting the Test and hoping for a place this time round!