Langley grammar from Harrow area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
abhijitc4u

Langley grammar from Harrow area

Post by abhijitc4u »

Hello,
Does anyone know/opine if it is worth trying for Slough grammars from Harrow area?

We are in Area3 according to the admission criteria.

Langley 2019 admission criteria says Area1 is capped at 100. In theory it seems we can have a scenario Area2 can eat up the remaining 80.

Thanks in advance
Tinkers

Re: Langley grammar from Harrow area

Post by Tinkers »

On phone so not easy to check but look at the historic data for Slough It’s a sticky at the top of the Berkshire section of the forum
rhiane

Post by rhiane »

Hi,

I had a peek at the historical data and it seems that Langley did take from the 'General Area' (not sure if that's area 3 or beyond that?) in 2017 (2016 Test) data for 2018 entry isn't there but I think it's much harder to obtain data for the Slough Grammar's than say the Bucks who seem much more organised!
Even if they do go to the 'General Area' they still go down the list in rank order, so the higher the score the better.

How about Upton or Herschel? they take from a wider area (more Upton than Herschel) I'll ask DS if there are any DC from your area later I know there are definitely DC from Harrow in DDs Y10 class.

The journey (from what I've heard from DDs Harrow friends) is mostly ok as there are good coaches from the Harrow area, but add in some roadworks/accidents along the way and it can turn into a nightmare, these DC rarely go on the London theatre trips etc as they get back close to midnight.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The 2018 data will likely come out when the results of the 2018 Test come out. That seems to be what has happened in previous years.