Big day for new HGS Year 7s.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Caveman47

Big day for new HGS Year 7s.

Post by Caveman47 »

My son went to bed a little excited about tomorrow.

So I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish your child an amazing first day :wink:
halsea

Re: BIG DAY FOR NEW HGS Year 7s.

Post by halsea »

Hope he has an amazing first day!!!!!! :)
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

halsea wrote:Hope he has an amazing first day!!!!!! :)
I'm sure he will...hopefully lol

I dropped him off ealier.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Hope your son got on OK Caveman, along with others on here.

My son (y8) said lunch queues were long so he decided to just get an ice cream for lunch. Oh to be 12... :D
Lategate

Post by Lategate »

My son has been excited for a few days, then seemed to be coming down with an illness last night with a bit of a temperature. I’ve been worried all day, got home and he’s loved it. His biggest worry was that he didn’t like the chicken burger at lunch, so the ice cream was probably a good call Ricky.
He’s happy and excited for tomorrow. I’m relieved.
Hope your sons all enjoyed themselves today too.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Lategate wrote:My son has been excited for a few days, then seemed to be coming down with an illness last night with a bit of a temperature. I’ve been worried all day, got home and he’s loved it. His biggest worry was that he didn’t like the chicken burger at lunch, so the ice cream was probably a good call Ricky.
So glad your son is feeling better and had a great day! At least it's a half week so if he gets tired the weekend's not far away.

We mix and match lunches/sandwiches and it works well.

Caveman? How did your son get on.
Helen, hoping your son had a great day too.
Caveman47

Post by Caveman47 »

Ricky74 wrote:
Lategate wrote:My son has been excited for a few days, then seemed to be coming down with an illness last night with a bit of a temperature. I’ve been worried all day, got home and he’s loved it. His biggest worry was that he didn’t like the chicken burger at lunch, so the ice cream was probably a good call Ricky.
So glad your son is feeling better and had a great day! At least it's a half week so if he gets tired the weekend's not far away.

Ricky74 my son loves it. He had Maths and English yesterday and he was on about science today and a lesson called open minds.

Today he wanted to make his own way to school. :shock:

Thanks for asking.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

Caveman47 wrote:
Ricky74 wrote:

Ricky74 my son loves it. He had Maths and English yesterday and he was on about science today and a lesson called open minds.

Today he wanted to make his own way to school. :shock:

Thanks for asking.
That's positive. Hope he got on OK today. Now time for a weekend break before a full week ahead!
Lategate

Re: Big day for new HGS Year 7s.

Post by Lategate »

Thanks Ricky, I think a mix of school lunches and sandwiches is the way forward. It’s nice to have your voice of experience on here.

Caveman- all seems really positive for your son, I think the same too, he loved Open Minds and whilst tired in the mornings, he’s quite cheerful at the thought of going to school.
Are you going to let your son travel to school on his own? Not criticising, genuinely interested to know. We’ve (grandparents) been driving our son to and from school, I did the drop off and pick up today and think we should start to take him on the metro. No issues, apart from the bonkers parking and the grandparents driving my son crazy with their fussing. I think he needs to start to gain some independence gradually.
Caveman47

Re: Big day for new HGS Year 7s.

Post by Caveman47 »

Lategate wrote:Thanks Ricky, I think a mix of school lunches and sandwiches is the way forward. It’s nice to have your voice of experience on here.

Caveman- all seems really positive for your son, I think the same too, he loved Open Minds and whilst tired in the mornings, he’s quite cheerful at the thought of going to school.
Are you going to let your son travel to school on his own? Not criticising, genuinely interested to know. We’ve (grandparents) been driving our son to and from school, I did the drop off and pick up today and think we should start to take him on the metro. No issues, apart from the bonkers parking and the grandparents driving my son crazy with their fussing. I think he needs to start to gain some independence gradually.
Hi Lategate

Yeah he'll be travelling to school on his own. He's grandmother (who lives in Handsworth Wood) will be on the other end though just to make sure. He makes he's own way home now as well. It was something he wanted to do. I did do the school run with him on the first day.

Hope your son is settling in well.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now