Today's kent test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Exams2018

Today's kent test

Post by Exams2018 »

How did your DC find it? Hard? easy? (English in particular)
kal12003

Re: Today's kent test

Post by kal12003 »

Given that those children who are out of County have yet to take the test Saturday it should not be discussed
Exams2018

Post by Exams2018 »

We are OOC too. Hard/easy etc are just opinions. How are they going help others unfairly?
KentbridgeDad

Post by KentbridgeDad »

Agree. This is a very tricky item- Out of Kent students will sit the test this Saturday. Then kids who missed due to sickness etc will do depending on when it is schedule. Hence any discussion will give unfair advantage to the kids who are going to take the test. Because once the discussion starts then people will write.

Cheers
KD
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Please do not disclose any information about tests as there will be late sitters. This includes things like numbers of sections, numbers of questions, timings etc. However it is acceptable to discuss whether a test was felt to be generally easy or hard, although it’s unlikely this gives anyone any help what so ever.
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

It gives an advantage as they know what timing they are working to and the expected level of difficulty. How would that not be an advantage? If I said the spatial section (for arguments sake) was ridiculously time pressured and impossible to finish ie.hard you would gain an advantage by being able to prepare your child for that. The children that took the test today wouldn't have that heads up and would have to work with what they were presented with on the day. Just my opinion.
KentbridgeDad

Post by KentbridgeDad »

Tinkers wrote:Please do not disclose any information about tests as there will be late sitters. This includes things like numbers of sections, numbers of questions, timings etc. However it is acceptable to discuss whether a test was felt to be generally easy or hard, although it’s unlikely this gives anyone any help what so ever.
I respectfully disagree, even knowing whether it is easy or hard prepares the kids mentally before they go on to take the test. But that is my opinion.

The kids who took the test today did not know whether the test is going to be easy or hard hence we the kids taking test in coming days shd not have any added advantage

Cheers
KD
Exams2018

Post by Exams2018 »

Well, a "hard" paper for one child can be "easy" for another. I asked ONLY to help ME stay sane for the next 48 hours. DD has been relaxing all week. She is very unlikely to do any "preps" now.

I realised I opened a can of worms. I'm sorry.
Last edited by Exams2018 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KentbridgeDad

Post by KentbridgeDad »

Exams2018 wrote:Well, a "hard" paper for one child can be "easy" for another. I asked ONLY to help ME stay sane for the next 48 hours. DD has been relaxing all week. She is very unlikely to do any "preps" now.

I realised I opened a can of worm. I'm sorry.
You are alright, we all have gone through it, it will be over soon and then the wait for result.The process cd be less stressful. Good luck for the exam.

Cheers,
KD
Exams2018

Post by Exams2018 »

kal12003 wrote:It gives an advantage as they know what timing they are working to and the expected level of difficulty. How would that not be an advantage? If I said the spatial section (for arguments sake) was ridiculously time pressured and impossible to finish ie.hard you would gain an advantage by being able to prepare your child for that. The children that took the test today wouldn't have that heads up and would have to work with what they were presented with on the day. Just my opinion.
Please read my question again. I didn't ask for ANYTHING you exaggerated it all into.

If someone said "yeah, English was pretty hard" or "Maths was super easy" how exactly is any child going to benefit from that?

I realised there are parents as stressed as me, who will pounce and butcher anyone who dared to say "kent test" before the OCC kids took the test. I rest my case.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now