Parking near Judd School (and a very anxious mum)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Exams2018

Parking near Judd School (and a very anxious mum)

Post by Exams2018 »

Hi all,
DD is taking her test at the Judd school tomorrow. Can I ask for parking suggestions ?

My colleague's parents live on Lavender hill. They have kindly offered to let us park on their drive as they are away for the weekend. Thats about 8min walk which is great, but I am wondering if these streets get too crowded for exams? Is it better to park at Sainsbury's and walk from there (14 min walk)?

Any relevant advice is gratefully received.

As you can tell by now, Im super nervous nervous. DD is playing lego upstairs. Im downstairs and on my second cup of coffee already. I was never nervous for my own exams. I think this is because we are DIY. Cant wait for it to be over!
piggys

Re: Parking near Judd School (and a very anxious mum)

Post by piggys »

Exams2018 wrote:Hi all,
DD is taking her test at the Judd school tomorrow. Can I ask for parking suggestions ?

My colleague's parents live on Lavender hill. They have kindly offered to let us park on their drive as they are away for the weekend. Thats about 8min walk which is great, but I am wondering if these streets get too crowded for exams? Is it better to park at Sainsbury's and walk from there (14 min walk)?
What's the problem? if you already have the use of a drive a mere 8 minutes' walk away there is no issue is there?
KentbridgeDad

Post by KentbridgeDad »

Lavender hill is very good pls use that. It will be less than 8 min walk from there. If you are concerned and want to save couple of minutes more, I can offer you parking in my house.

My son is in Judd and typically for Judd events they do arrange parking in West kent College which is opposite Judd. But if they have not arranged then parking outside sanisbury/station parking is good. Even Senisbury parking shd be abt 10 minutes walk in my opinion. What you can also do is if both parents are coming then one parent can get down with the kid at Judd and the other parent can go and park the car and walk back.

Cheers
KD
Exams2018 wrote:Hi all,

Any relevant advice is gratefully received.

As you can tell by now, Im super nervous nervous. DD is playing lego upstairs. Im downstairs and on my second cup of coffee already. I was never nervous for my own exams. I think this is because we are DIY. Cant wait for it to be over!
Last edited by KentbridgeDad on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exams2018

Post by Exams2018 »

KentbridgeDad wrote:Lavender hill is very good pls use that. It will be less than 8 min walk from there. If you are concerned and want to save couple of minutes more, I can offer you parking in my house.

My son is in Judd and typically for Judd events they do arrange parking in West kent College which is opposite Judd. But if they have not arranged then parking outside is good. Even Senisbury parking shd be abt 10 minutes walk in my opinion. What you can also do is if both parents are coming then one parent can get down with the kid at Judd and the other parent can go and park the car and walk back.

Cheers
KD
Very kind of you KD. Thank you.
piggys

Post by piggys »

KentbridgeDad wrote:. If you are concerned and want to save couple of minutes more, I can offer you parking in my house.

Cheers
KD
Do you often make offers like this to complete strangers on public forums? :shock:
LocalTWmum1

Post by LocalTWmum1 »

piggys wrote:
KentbridgeDad wrote:. If you are concerned and want to save couple of minutes more, I can offer you parking in my house.

Cheers
KD
Do you often make offers like this to complete strangers on public forums? :shock:
He's also very busy PM-ing people to tell them off for posting things on the forum...suddenly quite the expert... :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now