What to take to the exam?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Exams2018

Re: What to take to the exam?

Post by Exams2018 »

hanaF wrote:Oh no just browsing through this page and realise that there is a letter from Kent but I hadn't received that letter. I just got an email about the venue and time but no letter in the post at all. I assumed that they were so inundated this year that they didn't send a letter, how silly I was! What shall I do now? (Last minute panic)
Don’t worry. They didnt ask the children to carry their letters. I’d print the email though (just in case)
hanaF

Post by hanaF »

Exams2018 wrote: Don’t worry. They didnt ask the children to carry their letters. I’d print the email though (just in case)
Many thanks. I'll have the emails and other stuff, hopefully the staff will have a list of children's names with them.

Can't wait for this to be over.
Exams2018

Post by Exams2018 »

hanaF wrote:
Can't wait for this to be over.
Me too!
memphis

Post by memphis »

Slight exaggeration I think. There are female toilets in the all boys school for female teachers and staff. Also, wouldn’t you check beforehand where the toilets are located before your dc goes into the exam hall?
PettswoodFiona wrote:
Exams2018 wrote:Here is my list.

1. Pencils, erasers and sharpener in a transparent case
2. Water bottle (without labels)
3. A couple of small snacks (nut free)
4. Wrist watch

Do we need to take the letter that came in the post?
Also, is there anything I missed?

Our registration is at 820am. The test finishes at 12:45!! What to give for breakfast? I’m thinking porridge and an omelette and then a nice large chocolate muffin just before she goes in. Sounds ok?
You seem to have posted this before (except now added the breakfast element) and got some good answers. https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =5&t=55164" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When DD did the Kent test a few years ago the instructioms of what to take were very clear so refer to those. I can’t remember and it also may have changed. For breakfast she had it quite early as we then had to drive a fair distance. Nothing sugary as you get a crash after eating. She had a banana in the registration queue. It ended up a late finish and it was 1.45 or thereabouts before she came out. She was ravenous - as well as really wanting the toilet, no girls toilets in a boys school and you can imagine the queue for the disabled toilet with hundreds of girls!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Registration area was separate part of the school to the exam area so no we didn’t check it out beforehand- Parents were not allowed there anyway.

They did not make teacher toilets available to the students sitting the test. In DD’s all girls school they have sliding plates on the door to change the toilets from girls to boys for when they have visiting fixtures but this wasn’t the case at the test centre DD was at. DD was fine as she was one of the lucky ones to use the disabled toilet before the test but would have liked to go in break too but a) the queue was horrendous and b) she felt others needed it more than she did. DD did fine in the test and We reported it after the test but as a suggestion for improvement rather then complaint but as that was a few years ago now don’t know if they acted onit. I gather though they use a different test centre for girls schools so that will ease the problem.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Please don’t discuss the test content as it may still be used for later tests.
Firefly 09

Post by Firefly 09 »

mitasol wrote:Please don’t discuss the test content as it may still be used for later tests.
Apologies ..... I didn't think .....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now