Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:09 pm
Posts: 170
My son went to bed a little excited about tomorrow.

So I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish your child an amazing first day :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm
Posts: 128
Hope he has an amazing first day!!!!!! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:09 pm
Posts: 170
halsea wrote:
Hope he has an amazing first day!!!!!! :)


I'm sure he will...hopefully lol

I dropped him off ealier.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:55 pm
Posts: 725
Hope your son got on OK Caveman, along with others on here.

My son (y8) said lunch queues were long so he decided to just get an ice cream for lunch. Oh to be 12... :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:42 pm
Posts: 139
My son has been excited for a few days, then seemed to be coming down with an illness last night with a bit of a temperature. I’ve been worried all day, got home and he’s loved it. His biggest worry was that he didn’t like the chicken burger at lunch, so the ice cream was probably a good call Ricky.
He’s happy and excited for tomorrow. I’m relieved.
Hope your sons all enjoyed themselves today too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:55 pm
Posts: 725
Lategate wrote:
My son has been excited for a few days, then seemed to be coming down with an illness last night with a bit of a temperature. I’ve been worried all day, got home and he’s loved it. His biggest worry was that he didn’t like the chicken burger at lunch, so the ice cream was probably a good call Ricky.
He’s happy and excited for tomorrow. I’m relieved.
Hope your sons all enjoyed themselves today too.


So glad your son is feeling better and had a great day! At least it's a half week so if he gets tired the weekend's not far away.

We mix and match lunches/sandwiches and it works well.

Caveman? How did your son get on.
Helen, hoping your son had a great day too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:09 pm
Posts: 170
Ricky74 wrote:
Lategate wrote:
My son has been excited for a few days, then seemed to be coming down with an illness last night with a bit of a temperature. I’ve been worried all day, got home and he’s loved it. His biggest worry was that he didn’t like the chicken burger at lunch, so the ice cream was probably a good call Ricky.
He’s happy and excited for tomorrow. I’m relieved.
Hope your sons all enjoyed themselves today too.


So glad your son is feeling better and had a great day! At least it's a half week so if he gets tired the weekend's not far away.

We mix and match lunches/sandwiches and it works well.

Caveman? How did your son get on.
Helen, hoping your son had a great day too.



Ricky74 my son loves it. He had Maths and English yesterday and he was on about science today and a lesson called open minds.

Today he wanted to make his own way to school. :shock:

Thanks for asking.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:55 pm
Posts: 725
Caveman47 wrote:
Ricky74 wrote:
Lategate wrote:
My son has been excited for a few days, then seemed to be coming down with an illness last night with a bit of a temperature. I’ve been worried all day, got home and he’s loved it. His biggest worry was that he didn’t like the chicken burger at lunch, so the ice cream was probably a good call Ricky.
He’s happy and excited for tomorrow. I’m relieved.
Hope your sons all enjoyed themselves today too.


So glad your son is feeling better and had a great day! At least it's a half week so if he gets tired the weekend's not far away.

We mix and match lunches/sandwiches and it works well.

Caveman? How did your son get on.
Helen, hoping your son had a great day too.



Ricky74 my son loves it. He had Maths and English yesterday and he was on about science today and a lesson called open minds.

Today he wanted to make his own way to school. :shock:

Thanks for asking.


That's positive. Hope he got on OK today. Now time for a weekend break before a full week ahead!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:42 pm
Posts: 139
Thanks Ricky, I think a mix of school lunches and sandwiches is the way forward. It’s nice to have your voice of experience on here.

Caveman- all seems really positive for your son, I think the same too, he loved Open Minds and whilst tired in the mornings, he’s quite cheerful at the thought of going to school.
Are you going to let your son travel to school on his own? Not criticising, genuinely interested to know. We’ve (grandparents) been driving our son to and from school, I did the drop off and pick up today and think we should start to take him on the metro. No issues, apart from the bonkers parking and the grandparents driving my son crazy with their fussing. I think he needs to start to gain some independence gradually.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:09 pm
Posts: 170
Lategate wrote:
Thanks Ricky, I think a mix of school lunches and sandwiches is the way forward. It’s nice to have your voice of experience on here.

Caveman- all seems really positive for your son, I think the same too, he loved Open Minds and whilst tired in the mornings, he’s quite cheerful at the thought of going to school.
Are you going to let your son travel to school on his own? Not criticising, genuinely interested to know. We’ve (grandparents) been driving our son to and from school, I did the drop off and pick up today and think we should start to take him on the metro. No issues, apart from the bonkers parking and the grandparents driving my son crazy with their fussing. I think he needs to start to gain some independence gradually.


Hi Lategate

Yeah he'll be travelling to school on his own. He's grandmother (who lives in Handsworth Wood) will be on the other end though just to make sure. He makes he's own way home now as well. It was something he wanted to do. I did do the school run with him on the first day.

Hope your son is settling in well.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021