Past papers of 11 plus

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ally99

Past papers of 11 plus

Post by ally99 »

Hi

Does anyone knows anything about the current pattern of 11 plus tests in QE, I tried to found some online but couldnt find any, so if anyone on the forum had an awareness for last years test papers pattern, I would be highly grateful to help.
Also a guide line what sort of books will be good for preparation, I have bought some GL assessment and Bond books, are these enough ?

Thanks.
scary mum

Re: Past papers of 11 plus

Post by scary mum »

If you look in the relevant section (rather than "English"), you will find lots of information about QE.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... m.php?f=71" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also here:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... ld-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
ally99

Post by ally99 »

Thanks v much,
piggys

Post by piggys »

There aren't any QE past papers.

AFAIK the format is multiple choice - no writing required. The comprehension is tough though.
ally99

Post by ally99 »

Yeah I feel the same about comprehension. Does it means there will be no creative writing and just multiple choice questions ?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Creative writing would be tricky in multiple choice format! Have you looked at the links above? Lots of information there.
scary mum
ally99

Post by ally99 »

Yes I did looked at your link and its a detailed info but could'nt find anything about creative writing yet.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I already answered this question when you posted it on the DAO thread.

It is two pagers, one Maths, one English both MC. There is no creative writing.

Because of this QE can be the last exam but the first to deliver results , just two weeks later.

That is because it is marked by computer.

This is a QE question. When I answered this for you I told you that there are lots of QE threads in the Herts and North London region.

The format itself is very clear but the papers are advanced. DG
ally99

Post by ally99 »

Thankyou very much for your detailed reply. I did not got your first response over this as I am new to these forums and I didnt know where my first question was lost. So I posted here again.

I will read other forums too as advised by you, thanks.
piggys

Post by piggys »

There is no creative writing required for QE. Personally, I think there ought to be. :wink: