Numbers sitting the 11+ in Warwickshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Maple Mama

Numbers sitting the 11+ in Warwickshire

Post by Maple Mama »

:D Hello, does anyone know roughly how many children are sitting the 11+ exam in Warwickshire this year and/or last year?
Beenstalkingforages!

Re: Numbers sitting the 11+ in Warwickshire

Post by Beenstalkingforages! »

My DS sat the test last year and the results letter started their rank as being out of 2930.......
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I suspect the numbers are higher this year, mainly because they went to three sittings yesterday, which I have not heard of before.
Bobbyrab

Post by Bobbyrab »

Yes, 2930 children in total last year. 1482 boys and 1448 girls. Unfortunately they no longer tell you how many of those are in the geographical sub-areas so it's impossible to know how many are likely to be looking at Rugby area schools vs Alcester / KES / Shottery. When the results come out you can see the Standardised score that your child achieved for VR / Numeracy / NVR against the maximum score for those parts of the test (150 / 137 / 148 respectively). Even now, I can't work out how this all translated into the final score which is the one number that is actually relevant. I think it just highlighted to us the fact that they need to be scoring well in all three areas and that you can't expect to score a high mark overall if you are only strong in one area of the test. They've all done well just getting through this stressful exam and it won't be wasted effort, regardless of whether or not they end up at a grammar school.
Maple Mama

Post by Maple Mama »

Thanks so much for the info. Were there three sittings at each venue? My DS sat the exam at Alcester in the second of the two sittings on Saturday as I understand it and there was one sitting on Sunday at Alcester too.

DS left the exam feeling positive enough, so we just have to wait now to see how it all pans out. It is all rather nerve-wracking though, isn't it?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

There were definintely 2 sittings at KES on Saturday and I assume they used the venue again on the Sunday - I was told there were 3 sittings (in the context of KES) but am making the assumption that it was acorss all venues.