September 2018 anyone?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nervousmom

Re: September 2018 anyone?

Post by nervousmom »

Hope all the DC got through the test in one piece.

Remember - do not post any contents of the test on this forum. Refer to the post by UM - this test is being sat by some warks children tomorrow and will be used again for other reasons.

Posting test content will only prejudice your own child's performance.

As UM also says, be very wary of any PM you might receive from people who may be trying to find out test content for their own means.

The long wait now starts. I have been there twice and I swear time stopped for those 5 weeks!
Gracemum

Post by Gracemum »

Hi all. Dd was just very relieved as well. When asked, how was it all, she said, it was not easy.
halsea

Post by halsea »

Mine said it was easier than the mock, but that she struggled with the lack of working out paper for the maths section. I think its wrong that they aren't given spare paper.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Yesterday was very interesting. We got there early and to avoid looking for parking we took turns driving. That worked out well as there was no nearby parking. My son is just relieved that is done with. He did says time was very tight and he is not sure of the outcome. We reassured him and praised him for his efforts. Went out for pizza and really enjoyed the rest of the afternoon. Think the next 5 weeks will be an agonising wait. Let it all commence :shock:
Sfaisal

Post by Sfaisal »

My daughter said that her maths and VR went smoothly. In NVR she had to do logical guessing in the last minute for about 10 questions because the time was running short. She found comprehension of medium level of difficulty. She had a very restless sleep the night before exam. So I am a bit concerned as it might have effected her performance.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Sfaisal wrote:My daughter said that her maths and VR went smoothly. In NVR she had to do logical guessing in the last minute for about 10 questions because the time was running short. She found comprehension of medium level of difficulty. She had a very restless sleep the night before exam. So I am a bit concerned as it might have effected her performance.
Don't worry.The exams done.Many in the past have not finished and gained places.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Mids

Post by Mids »

Just to offer 'not finishing' reassurance - my son left questions that he didn't get to when he took it last year. He started at BV last week - scored above the cut off. So not finishing doesn't necessarily equate to not getting a good enough score. Hope this helps!
Khk

Post by Khk »

Thanks everyone for reassuring messages.
One more test on monday is coming and again very anxious as most of the parents .hope our DC got reward of getting admission to the grammar school for doing such hardwork for years.
All the best to all those who are giving the Shropshire test on monday
halsea

Post by halsea »

Are we there yet.... lol. Almost 1 week has gone, roll on KES.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Good luck to all those whose children are taking the 11 plus exam on Monday the 17th September for the five schools which form part of the Shropshire,Walsall and Wolverhampton consortium.

I well remember the anxiety parents have when their children are taking the exams.

Hope you and your children are now relaxing ready for the exam.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now