Score vs percentage

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kumarkj

Score vs percentage

Post by kumarkj »

Hello,

I understand that the cut off for King Edward Camphill for girls was 235 last year. Does anyone understand, how much is this in "percentage"? How much is it out of?

Many thanks in advance.
--NK
quasimodo

Re: Score vs percentage

Post by quasimodo »

kumarkj wrote:Hello,

I understand that the cut off for King Edward Camphill for girls was 235 last year. Does anyone understand, how much is this in "percentage"? How much is it out of?

Many thanks in advance.
--NK

I hope this assists.The link is through the 11plus advice above.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/advic ... xplanation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
kumarkj

Post by kumarkj »

Thank you. Have gone through that explanation. It is a very complicated version of calculating the scores plus there is no way we can estimate the difficulty level that the CEM authority has determined for Birmingham area. Hence, was trying to explore, if anyone had any idea in terms of percentage of questions that need to be correct in order to hit that mark.
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

There is no link between standardised score and actual score.

Standardised score is your actual score relative to everyone else's actual score.

In very simple terms if you score 99% and everyone scores 100% you get a low standardised score.

If you get 2% and everyone else scores 1% you get a high standardised score.
Candel

Post by Candel »

Hi Kumarkj

I found this discussion helpful when trying to work out what standardised scores mean in terms of percentage correct - or at least what they have meant in past exams. I know we can't judge the difficulty of the current exam but it gives a vague idea!

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... m&start=50
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Just please ignore any suggestion that a standardised score of x is 'out of' the highest calculated standardised score.

Or 'out of' anything at all.

It really isn't.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kumarkj

Post by kumarkj »

Thank you folks. Links did give some view.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Candel wrote:Hi Kumarkj

I found this discussion helpful when trying to work out what standardised scores mean in terms of percentage correct - or at least what they have meant in past exams. I know we can't judge the difficulty of the current exam but it gives a vague idea!

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... m&start=50
That is such a useful link Candel. I had ones seen it and couldn't find it again. This forum is full of insightful information. It would very good, if each post had a 'like' button next to a post and you could find it again.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Many thanks in advance.
--NK
Wouldn't it be brilliant if results were out instantly. Sorry I can't be of much help with your question. I am sure ones the results are out- we can then plan on the next step. Until then we are in limbo.
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Skylark wrote:

Many thanks in advance.
--NK
Wouldn't it be brilliant if results were out instantly. Sorry I can't be of much help with your question. I am sure ones the results are out- we can then plan on the next step. Until then we are in limbo.

Gosh yes... that would be brilliant. Once the results are out, you will have a clearer idea as how to fill the CAF form out.

From what I recall when my oldest DS took the exams (8 years ago) we were unaware of their results and just put the school we wanted and hoped for the best.
At least now we have an indication as to whether they will realistically get a place.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now