GL Test - topics for our area?

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
exam2019

GL Test - topics for our area?

Post by exam2019 »

Sorry if the answers to these questions are really obvious - I thought I understood what was required and suddenly I realise I don't. DS will be sitting the exam in 2019 and the school we are looking at uses GL Assessment VR.

It's a 30 minute paper and there is mention of Optical Character Recognition Marking. Am I right in thinking this means that it is a multiple choice paper?

I think I read somewhere that GL have 82 questions in a 30 minute paper - does this sound right?

I've seen somewhere that some tests include 15, 21 or 35 question types - but the GL preparation book only covers 15 types. Do we just learn the 15 GL types or do we have to learn more? how many more?

Thanks!
Daogroupie

Re: GL Test - topics for our area?

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes. OCRM means it is marked by computer which means it is a multiple choice paper with a separate answer sheet.

I would advise you to do all the GL VR papers that you can buy next day delivery from the forum shop.

Also very important to get used to marking on the answer sheet.

I know many tales of woe of students who broke their pencils pressing too hard or got out of sync with the questions and had to rub them all out. DG
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

Thanks. So do we just look at the 15 types?
ontarget

Post by ontarget »

I think it is best to look at all 21 types.

GL Assessment Verbal Reasoning Pack 2 papers (there are four papers in this pack) was published years after Pack 1 and includes the extra 6 types of the full 21 types as well as the 15 types of Pack 1.

GL Assessment verbal papers typically have 80 questions that need to be completed in 50 minutes.
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

Thanks!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now