Stationery

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Manon

Stationery

Post by Manon »

Linking to the 'stationery' thread in Appeals (sorry, not sure how to post a link) and bearing in mind that those who sat the exam in Birmingham can chose to share their results with Warwickshire and vice versa - were the children who sat the exam in Birmingham provided with a rubber each or did they also have to raise their hands? Or did they take their own stationery? Grateful if anyone whose dc sat the exam in Birmingham this year could clarify/confirm. Many thanks

Manon
ToadMum

Re: Stationery

Post by ToadMum »

Manon wrote:Linking to the 'stationery' thread in Appeals (sorry, not sure how to post a link) and bearing in mind that those who sat the exam in Birmingham can chose to share their results with Warwickshire and vice versa - were the children who sat the exam in Birmingham provided with a rubber each or did they also have to raise their hands? Or did they take their own stationery? Grateful if anyone whose dc sat the exam in Birmingham this year could clarify/confirm. Many thanks

Manon
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 35&t=55276

There you go :)

You need to copy the address of the thread and paste it between the '', which will appear when you click on the URL button above the text box.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Manon

Post by Manon »

Thank you ToadMum :)
um

Post by um »

In the Bham exams all children were provided with two pencils and a rubber.

I have never heard (within the last 5-6 years) of any child who did not receive these.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Manon wrote:Linking to the 'stationery' thread in Appeals (sorry, not sure how to post a link) and bearing in mind that those who sat the exam in Birmingham can chose to share their results with Warwickshire and vice versa - were the children who sat the exam in Birmingham provided with a rubber each or did they also have to raise their hands? Or did they take their own stationery? Grateful if anyone whose dc sat the exam in Birmingham this year could clarify/confirm. Many thanks

Manon
My son confirmed that he did indeed receive the 2 pencils and rubber, as mentioned in the letter. The letter did state this would be provided.

Hope that helps.
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Just a quick question regarding watches. In the King Edwards exam last Saturday they could take in a simple watch with them and place on the table in front of them.

Is this the same for the QMGS exam - DS2 can't remember as he took the exam 3 years ago?

On the letter, it states:

Watches: With new smart technology, watches are not allowed. We regard these as mobile phones.

So am I right in assuming a simple watch is ok to take along and that just the smart watch is not allowed?

My son said in his room in the Birmingham exam they had the tape recording playing, but there was no visible clock. He took the exam at HGS.

A friend's daughter took her exam at KEFW and she confirmed that there was no clock, no watches allowed and they had no tape either. She was given a 30 second verbal warning, which completely threw her out and panicked her immensely.

So it seems there is no consistency, thus a little worrying if a child relies on any of these to help with timings.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

"Watches: With new smart technology, watches are not allowed. We regard these as mobile phones."

I would read that as watches are not allowed, period, smart watch or otherwise.
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

kenyancowgirl wrote:"Watches: With new smart technology, watches are not allowed. We regard these as mobile phones."

I would read that as watches are not allowed, period, smart watch or otherwise.
Thank you.
Ricky74

Post by Ricky74 »

I seem to recall (two years ago) mine wore a simple watch for one exam (Bham?) But not the other (Walsall?)

If in doubt, don't wear one. All children will be in the same boat if there's no clock or watch (not great to be without any time, but equal at least).
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Or, if in doubt, take it, and hand it in if they don't let you have it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now