Thoughts on today's paper?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

RSRS

Thoughts on today's paper?

Post by RSRS »

Just mulling over things after the anxieties and relief of getting the Gloucestershire test over with finally! Wondering what feedback other people have had from their DSs and DDs about today's paper? My DS sat it at Marling and came out saying that it was "much harder" than all of the practice tests and mocks etc that he's sat with his tutor over recent weeks which has rather alarmed me. Would love to hear some other feedback.
yoyo123

Re: Thoughts on today's paper?

Post by yoyo123 »

Please do not include any specific details of questions when replying, other children may be sitting the test later ( illness etc)
Thank you
Yoyo
Mod
wiltsmum

Post by wiltsmum »

RSRS wrote:Just mulling over things after the anxieties and relief of getting the Gloucestershire test over with finally! Wondering what feedback other people have had from their DSs and DDs about today's paper? My DS sat it at Marling and came out saying that it was "much harder" than all of the practice tests and mocks etc that he's sat with his tutor over recent weeks which has rather alarmed me. Would love to hear some other feedback.

Don't be alarmed by his feedback, in the past many children that sat 11plus and said the paper was hard did actually do well and equally many children that came out saying it was easy didn't actually do so well in the end. Your DS would have done his best, now it's over to that unpleasant waiting game.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

RSRS wrote:Just mulling over things after the anxieties and relief of getting the Gloucestershire test over with finally! Wondering what feedback other people have had from their DSs and DDs about today's paper? My DS sat it at Marling and came out saying that it was "much harder" than all of the practice tests and mocks etc that he's sat with his tutor over recent weeks which has rather alarmed me. Would love to hear some other feedback.
Am I reading something that isn’t there, or are you taking other tests too? Just the way it’s worded.. but in response DS3 said it was as expected. But honestly you can’t believe anything they say..
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

look at the thread 'hot takes' there are some comments on there.

But I really agree that you cannot tell from what they say.
if they found it 'easy' that may mean they missed the point of the question
if they found it 'hard' it may just mean they had to think to get the answer but then it was the right answer.

Unless they come out saying - I missed a whole section, or, I needed the loo and left the room for 10 minutes, or, I put all the answers in the wrong place and didn't realise until I got to the last one and it was in the wrong place (this happened to a friend's dc a couple of years ago) then you have NO way of knowing how they really did.

As I said on the other thread, it seemed to be pretty straight, no surprises, all things they had covered in practice, so that is a relief at least.
RSRS

Post by RSRS »

Thanks to everyone who replied......sorry I missed the existing thread on this. Maybe it doesn't mean that much that my DS said it was a hard paper then. "Just" have to forget it now and wait I guess!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now