QEGS penrith

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tracey smith

QEGS penrith

Post by Tracey smith »

Hi, are many of your dc doing the QEGS test this year? My dc is taking it but very unsure on how to prepare him as the test is changing from previous years. Thanks ***
Bunnyjo

Re: QEGS penrith

Post by Bunnyjo »

Tracey smith wrote:Hi, are many of your dc doing the QEGS test this year? My dc is taking it but very unsure on how to prepare him as the test is changing from previous years. Thanks ***
Sorry no one has answered you, Tracey. I've found this board is very quiet.

My DD has just started QEGS and I know of 4 children that are sitting the test this Saturday. The consensus I am getting from them is that they (and the children) are quite unsure what as to what this year's test will involve. Obviously there has been a movement from GL to CEM and the materials uploaded by the school indicate that Maths, VR and NVR will be tested, as per previous years. However, the format of the VR and Maths looks quite different.

It might be scant consolation, but I think most children and parents will be feeling the same.

Best of luck to your DC,

Bunnyjo.
Tracey smith

Post by Tracey smith »

Thanks Hun, I was beginning to think my dc was the only child taking the test ha ha. It’s difficult not being able to help them prepare but they can only do their best x
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi

All tends to be a bit quiet north of Manchester! Good Luck with the test :D
Bunnyjo

Post by Bunnyjo »

hermanmunster wrote:Hi

All tends to be a bit quiet north of Manchester! Good Luck with the test :D
It does indeed, Hermanmunster!

I'm hoping yesterday went well for your DC, Tracey. My friends' children were all on the morning sitting, but I haven't seen them to ask how it went.

Good luck.
Tracey smith

Post by Tracey smith »

He came out happy so that’s a good start, he managed to complete all of the question which is great. He did find the comprehension and words difficult but he is dyslexic so that was what we expected to happen really. He said the non verbal was easy and the maths was ok. Just the dreaded wait now :-( hope your friends children all found it ok x
Tracey smith

Post by Tracey smith »

Did your friends say how their kids found it bunny jo? Most kids we’ve spoken to have said similar to my son ***
RPai

Post by RPai »

Hi, saw your post today! My DS gave the 11 plus for qegs this year ! It was a strange experience as we dint know what to expect!!
Now waiting for the results!
Tracey smith

Post by Tracey smith »

It’s been a long wait! How did your son find it? X
RPai

Post by RPai »

My son had skipped 4 questions due to lack of time! Other than that he found it easy!
Hopefully ,we get the result soon ... we have been quite nervous !
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now