Ok-whose DC is doing CSSE on Saturday + how are we feeling?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Appuskidu

Ok-whose DC is doing CSSE on Saturday + how are we feeling?!

Post by Appuskidu »

The time is nearly here...

We are ‘ok’ on the comprehension, I think, but the writing is wobbly and the maths is up and down! I think I am more nervous than DC!

Anyone else?!
Mother_Of_Gumbertron

Re: Ok-whose DC is doing CSSE on Saturday + how are we feeli

Post by Mother_Of_Gumbertron »

My Girl is also doing the test on Saturday.
She's feeling confident, me not so much. She has all the knowledge needed to get a great mark but has totally flunked the Mocks she's had.
Exam's, it appears, are not her strong point ....

Keeping fingers and toes crossed! Good luck everyone.
Totallyutterly

Post by Totallyutterly »

Yes my son is sitting it on saturday.

We are taking the very calm approach and will be celebrating after the exam. He knows whatever the result it doesn’t matter and just proud he is doing it and giving it a go.

In theory on his mock and past papers he would pass, but anything can happen on the day. And because he did well in the mock it’s adding pressure (not by us at all!!) of the expectation

Just looking forward to it being over and then come Oct knowing what school we will / won’t have.
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

DD is also going on Saturday. Anything can happen on the day & what will be will be. She knows we’re so proud.

Good luck to all the dc sitting on Saturday xx
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

DD sitting on Saturday- she’s fine about it; I feel sick with nerves for her!

Keeping things very calm at home this week with very little on the practice front - she’s done three mocks in the last year; scraped as pass in two and passed with flying colours on the third so it’ll all come down to the day!

Roll on 16th October!
Appuskidu

Post by Appuskidu »

Totallyutterly wrote:Just looking forward to it being over and then come Oct knowing what school we will / won’t have.
I wish it was October that we find out the schools-we won’t really know until March :roll: .
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

Appuskidu wrote:
Totallyutterly wrote:Just looking forward to it being over and then come Oct knowing what school we will / won’t have.
I wish it was October that we find out the schools-we won’t really know until March :roll: .
Are you out of catchment? We're in catchment so we'll know if she's got a place in October based on the traffic lights - 303 is the magic number here I think.
Appuskidu

Post by Appuskidu »

Leighmum2019 wrote:
Appuskidu wrote:
Are you out of catchment? We're in catchment so we'll know if she's got a place in October based on the traffic lights - 303 is the magic number here I think.
We are in catchment as well. I have older children who have been through the Southend grammars so am speaking from past experience. I know just because you get 303, you may not necessarily get your first choice-depending on numbers. My friend’s son wanted SHSB but was allocated WHSB, for example.

There is also the situation that if children don’t pass, they won’t know until March which school they will be allocated from their list. I know plenty of people in Belfairs catchment , for example, who didn’t get Belfairs due to shifting catchments and oversubscription. Eastwood is similar-I know that 50 children in catchment didn’t get allocated a place last year.

Selecting schools outside your catchment will obviously not be allocated until March.
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

That’s interesting! I loved SHSG and DD loved WHSG so we’d be happy with either if she’s lucky enough to get the choice!

Interesting about Belfairs and Eastwood- Eastwood is our first non-pass choice but we’re Belfairs catchment and I’ve been concerned about ending up with a wildcard choice if we don’t put Belfairs as number 1!
Appuskidu

Post by Appuskidu »

Leighmum2019 wrote:That’s interesting! I loved SHSG and DD loved WHSG so we’d be happy with either if she’s lucky enough to get the choice!

Interesting about Belfairs and Eastwood- Eastwood is our first non-pass choice but we’re Belfairs catchment and I’ve been concerned about ending up with a wildcard choice if we don’t put Belfairs as number 1!
It’s a minefield! I would say it’s extremely unlikely that you will get Eastwood unless you have a sports/arts place allocated and you still might not get Belfairs, sadly. Make sure you use all of your choices!