Sutton SET 18th September for Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
GS Exams

Sutton SET 18th September for Boys

Post by GS Exams »

Dear mums and dads,
Finally after the long wait the Sutton SET got over yesterday. I was stunned seeing the long queues at Wilson's yesterday. My DS finished maths and was quite confident with his answers, however wasn't sure of some answers in English. Just wondered how the rest of the kids felt. Super nervous about the results next tuesday. Checked if there was a thread already discussing yesterday's exam. Couldn't find one, so thought of starting this.

Please feel free to share your DS and DD felt yesterday's paper was :)
yoyo123

Re: Sutton SET 18th September for Boys

Post by yoyo123 »

Please don't mention specific details when replying as there may be late sitters still to take the test.
Thank You
Yoyo
Mod
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

My DD finished the English paper but only got about half way through the maths, so who knows how it will pan out. We had thought maths was her strong suit :roll:
TW7Karthi

Post by TW7Karthi »

English format was similar to SET mock exam, but Maths paper was bit tougher than expected for my DS.

Don't know how it will be, anyways the wait is not longer, 25th will know it :roll: :roll:
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

Sure YoYo.
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

Can't wait for 25th!!! I wonder is there any specific time for the email to arrive! I sure wont sleep the night before.

On a different note is there a catchment area for Wilson,Wallington and Sutton schools for boys? It is slightly confusing on the website as it says about distance only when there is a tie!
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

The schools all have their own admissions policies. If the policy for a particular school says that distance is only used in the event of a tied score then that is what happens.

I think Wilsons allocates most (possibly all) of its places based on score in the test, but Sutton I think has two streams, one for those within a postcode-based catchment and one without - in each of these streams the boys are ranked in order of the test and again if there's a tie for last place the closest one wins. Can't remember the rules for Wallington. But I do remember that they are all pretty clear on how they rank applicants.
ojmum

Post by ojmum »

My son did not complete the maths :(
He said there wasn't enough time for the maths but too much time for the english!
meghz007

Post by meghz007 »

my boy said maths was tricky, around 2 to 3 questions were tough but he could manage to finish it. English was easy.

i know there is no pass marks but any idea about what percentage it is safe ??