Pretests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tigermum999

Pretests

Post by Tigermum999 »

Hi, I know there is no official pretest just the private ones run by various tutors but just wondered if anyone who sat the test last year would share how their child did in a pretest compared to the actual test? Just trying to gauge if we have any chance?
Hebden

Re: Pretests

Post by Hebden »

Hi Tigermum999, not last year, but in the last 5 years my 2 children have sat the Halifax Grammar Schools entrance exam. In both cases their pretest results, taken a few weeks before the entrance exam, mirrored their actual results. I hope this helps and good luck to your child x
Thewaitinggame

Post by Thewaitinggame »

Hi Tigermum999
My DS did pretests last year and the indication was he would be offered a place at Heckmondwike. He wasn’t. His Calderdale ranking was less than we expected compared to the mock he did. A lot depends on the day and a couple of silly mistakes can have a huge impact.
Good luck!
Tigermum999

Post by Tigermum999 »

Thanks for the replies! Ds is so inconsistent and came in the top 40 in his last prestest but that wasn't the top 25% which is where they have to come to indicate a place! I think he's borderline and it will all be down to how he does on the day! Trying not to get too stressed about it all!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now