Practice test results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nickib

Practice test results

Post by Nickib »

Hi. DD is sitting the test for westcliff on Saturday. She did a maths paper this evening & got 60%. She skipped a couple of questions & made a couple of silly mistakes, so definitely something she can improve on. I just wondered, roughly what percentage would she need, to be in with a realistic chance of gaining an ooc place at Westcliff?
Thanks
tahm563

Re: Practice test results

Post by tahm563 »

Nickib wrote:Hi. DD is sitting the test for westcliff on Saturday. She did a maths paper this evening & got 60%. She skipped a couple of questions & made a couple of silly mistakes, so definitely something she can improve on. I just wondered, roughly what percentage would she need, to be in with a realistic chance of gaining an ooc place at Westcliff?
Thanks
Is she in catchment? Then 60% might be fine but it depends on the cohort sitting for the exam and the difficulty of the exam. There is no magic pass mark I am afraid. You can compare the mark with past marks. Check on the forum for past average marks.
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

We are out of catchment. Her English is much stronger, 80%. I talked through where she went wrong. Some of the issue seems to e rushing. She sat CEM last week so has been so used to working at a fast pace. With the csse practice, she always has time to spare so I think she just needs to slow down. There were some silly mistakes which pulled her score down.
Thanks for your reply x
AlP80

Post by AlP80 »

We're out of catchment too. Looking at the scores needed for this year & the calculations behind them, i'm going with an average score of just over 70%, maybe up to 75% (between the two papers), to be there or thereabouts for SHSG & WHSG.

Pity they can't just take the top 180/184 entrants regardless of postcode*

*that's said tongue in cheek before i get lynched! where's that winky emoji...aaah there we are :wink: :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now