Sharing results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nickib

Sharing results

Post by Nickib »

Maybe this is a stupid question but my head is all over the place. Are CSSE results automatically shared with all schools in the consortium?
Mother_Of_Gumbertron

Re: Sharing results

Post by Mother_Of_Gumbertron »

I'm sure I ticked a box on the csse application which allowed them to share the score with my daughters school.
Nothings ever promised tomorrow, today.
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

Thanks. I can’t remember x
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Mother_Of_Gumbertron wrote:I'm sure I ticked a box on the csse application which allowed them to share the score with my daughters school.

I assumed the OP meant, do all the member schools get the results, or did you have to say which ones you were interested in applying to before your child sits the test (as in Gloucestershire)? The answer to that being, you just apply for whichever CSSE school(s) you want via your CAF and your child's score will be ranked (either by the relevant maintaining LEA - Southend or Essex - or by the school itself). You didn't have to say in advance.

The tick box is only to say it's okay for your child's current school to know your child's score.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

Thanks x
Saltylerjoel

Post by Saltylerjoel »

I wonder if the primary school knows what the results are before they are posted out/released (to us)?
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

I believe the primary schools get the results the day before where parents have given permission for the data to be shared.

I think it’s important that they get a heads up- around 20 at my DD’s school day and that’s a lot of potentially excited/upset/bragging pupils to manage!
Saltylerjoel

Post by Saltylerjoel »

Yes, that makes sense. Although saying that, I can't remember whether I gave permission for my DD's school to receive her results now.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Saltylerjoel wrote:Yes, that makes sense. Although saying that, I can't remember whether I gave permission for my DD's school to receive her results now.
Ring up the CSSE office with a query about something to do with your DD's registration and see whether they ask you for a password?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now