Year 7 QE Boys

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
whatsupnow

Re: Year 7 QE Boys

Post by whatsupnow »

Strange, I thought the excessive XBox and iPad would stop at Secondary school as DS would be really busy with homework but most of the homework tasks appear to be getting school kit,folders kind of stuff, really not much to keep busy at the moment..Maybe things pick up as days go by...
wildman

Post by wildman »

DS is in Y7. He does about an hour to 90 mins in the evening but he is beginning to realise that planning ahead saves a lot of stress. We have left him to figure it out by himself as we think that he has to learn how to manage his time even if me makes mistakes. He is mad on football and still finds time to play and watch in the evenings. I must admit I impressed by the support that the school is giving.
evmc

Post by evmc »

wildman wrote:DS is in Y7. He does about an hour to 90 mins in the evening but he is beginning to realise that planning ahead saves a lot of stress. We have left him to figure it out by himself as we think that he has to learn how to manage his time even if me makes mistakes. He is mad on football and still finds time to play and watch in the evenings. I must admit I impressed by the support that the school is giving.
I completely agree. QEB have been more supportive than I thought they would be and the boys definitely need to work things out for themselves. I loosely monitor what's going on with homework, packing school bag, but that's it. DS knows what he needs to do so needs to do it and ask me if he requires help.
Demetra2018

Post by Demetra2018 »

Hi Ladies,
Looking at planning exam for my son and required prep. Which advice can you give me for QE,when is right time to start? 8 years old? How many places does the school have in Y7?

Thanks xx
piggys

Post by piggys »

If you want to find out basic information like numbers you will find it on the school website.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I got a message from a pupil via the homework app informing me that the hwk took 50 mins and not 30 mins. I was impressed with the initiative shown.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now