CRGS In catchment v OOC places

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Dixechick1975

CRGS In catchment v OOC places

Post by Dixechick1975 »

A couple of people I've been chatting to this week have confirmed to me that for 2018 entry for CRGS the split was 98 places in catchment and 52 out. Around 500 sat exam last year, approx 300 in catchment, 200 out.

I know it is very quiet on here but hope this info helps someone. My DC is yr 8 at CRGS.

I know when the intake was 120, it was still approx 100 in catchment and 20 OOC. The school intake increased to 150 for 2016 intake but it appears in catchment passes have stayed the same. Will be interesting to see what happens over next few years as new homes are being built all around Clitheroe at a prolific rate which should I would expect increase number of in catchment children.
hermanmunster

Re: CRGS In catchment v OOC places

Post by hermanmunster »

That is interesting - it certainly used to be pretty hard to get an OOC place, looks like it has become easier .. for the time being. As you say the house building it going to affect the numbers over the next few years and may change things.
Mumski

Post by Mumski »

Hi Dixiechick
I think the situation is similar at LRGS. There has been an increase from 120 to 150 places but the extra places seem to be going to OOC applicants. The total number of applicants also seems to be increasing.
The cynical side of me assumes that they set the pass mark to take the required number of in catchment pupils hence this will now be a bit higher than it was a few years ago. As the extra places go to boys who have achieved a relatively high mark OOC the result should be higher GCSE results when these cohorts reach year 11. I may be completely wrong and this is only my guess.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Same thing happened about 15 years ago at Ermysted's when they increased from about 78 pupils to 112 - the pass mark / percentage of local kids didn't change but many more OOC candidates got in.
Daviessar

Post by Daviessar »

We live in Rossendale and were offered an ooc place this year. So was my friends daughter.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now