Dr Challoner's High Second Round Allocation Rules

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kips

Dr Challoner's High Second Round Allocation Rules

Post by kips »

Hello

We are hoping to get a place (if qualified) at Dr C High in first round of allocations in Mar 2019... but keep hearing about a massive migration into Bucks and are now worried if it's possible (we are 3 miles OA).

Does anyone know if we can qualify as in-catchment for second round of allocation if we move sometime before 1 Mar 2019 - say in Feb 2019? Our current lease would have expired by then anyway. I had thought we could but the admission policy is confusing - I read that we need to be resident for 1 year continuously from 31 October 2018.

We are renting; so in a position to move closer. We definitely will not be trying to make the magical Oct 13-31 window - I cannot deal with the stress and want it completely above board and a proper genuine move really!

In case anyone thinks we are planning to move further down the Met Line later - it's a no. We do not own a house yet, and our hope and plan is to buy a house as close to the school as we can afford so she can have friends nearby and do after school activities. We love this area (Ricky/Bucks), and have lived in Bucks in the past; the only reason we are renting in Ricky and not in Bucks is because of the ease of commute to work plus we thought we had a chance on OA distance! I know I am being defensive but I find myself often trying to convince people online about this - some of us are genuine movers. :(

Please could someone help me understand this? I will ring the school on Monday also.

Thanks!
kips
Guest55

Re: Dr Challoner's High Second Round Allocation Rules

Post by Guest55 »

Presumably you have read this in detail: https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... ing-house/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's getting rarer for places to come up in later rounds as you can see from Sally-Anne's spreadsheet: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=54212" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would have a back-up plan you are happy with as I think the likelihood of a place is small.
kips

Post by kips »

Thanks guest55, yes we did have a look at both. I do understand it's not as likely as in previous years.

My confusion was more re the rules themselves rather than the possibility of a place. IF we move into Bucks approx. Feb 2019, we will not be resident for a whole year before Y7 starts - would they consider our Bucks address for the second round at all? I guess this is best answered by Bucks council or Dr C admissions team.... but a friend I was talking to today was insistent we need to be resident FROM 31 Oct 2019, which was news to me, so asking experts on here until Monday :lol:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It says what to do on the link from Bucks - they need to accept your move before your address can be used.

"If you move after you have applied, you must give us evidence of this.

For the first round of allocations you need to provide evidence to show that you have moved and are already living in your new home by 31 October 2018 so we can use your new address when we consider your school preferences.

Academies, together with Foundation, Free and Voluntary-Aided schools, and schools in other areas may have different deadlines so check their rules carefully. At the moment, the only school in Buckinghamshire with different moving deadlines is Dr Challoner's Grammar School.

If you are living abroad and are returning to a property in the UK, we will need to use the address that you are currently living at, unless you can provide evidence to show that you will be resident in our area by 31 October 2018.

If you move after the date given above, we will use your new address for later rounds of allocations, once we have accepted it. Please see evidence deadlines if you move after these dates.

We use the address where you are living on 31 October 2018 for the first round of allocations on 1 March 2019. If you have only recently moved to this address you will need to provide the evidence before we will accept your new address.

If you move from the address on your application after 31 October 2018, you must tell us and provide evidence to confirm your move. However, we will use your old address for the first round."

The dates mentioned are here: https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... on-rounds/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"For the second round of allocations we will include:
* applications considered on National Offer Day where a place could not be offered and the child is on a waiting list
* new applications received between 1 January and 15 March 2019 which may include applications from families who have provided evidence to confirm they have moved into the area by the deadline of 1 March.

We will also change the address for school place application purposes for families that moved after the October deadlines, but by 1 March 2019, and provided sufficient evidence to confirm this."

So if you have moved and convinced them the move is genuine then the second round allocations will include your daughter. Of course DCHS will only be used if she qualifies.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now