Nonsuch and Wallington round 2

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

theknightrider

Nonsuch and Wallington round 2

Post by theknightrider »

How was the round 2 experience for the morning lot ? My daughter found both the papers quite tough !!
KingstonMama

Re: Nonsuch and Wallington round 2

Post by KingstonMama »

DD enjoyed the creative writing although I’m worried she got too caught up to use enough descriptive language. The maths was hard and she didn’t finish - that’s our main concern.
shakira

Post by shakira »

KingstonMama wrote:DD enjoyed the creative writing although I’m worried she got too caught up to use enough descriptive language. The maths was hard and she didn’t finish - that’s our main concern.

Maths was tough
Last edited by shakira on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

I'm not sure if we can/should say what they did for creative in case anyone still yet to take the test due to illness today?
Last edited by KingstonMama on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newto11+

Post by newto11+ »

Shakira, I don't think you should've revealed the creative writing task as it will give an unfair advantage to the children who will write at a later date.

Hope moderators can delete your message.
shakira

Post by shakira »

newto11+ wrote:Shakira, I don't think you should've revealed the creative writing task as it will give an unfair advantage to the children who will write at a later date.

Hope moderators can delete your message.

Sorry, I didn't know this. I think it been edited by moderators, and also I was under impression . WHSG and Non such stage 2 are done today. so i didn't think of it being unfair to anyone sitting stage 2 :-/
ilovemykids2018

Post by ilovemykids2018 »

2nd stage tests were today but some children sit on later days due to illness etc, please do not reveal any content as it does give the children an advantage, even if they know the maths is hard/easy - the children who sat today had no idea what to expect.
shakira

Post by shakira »

ilovemykids2018 wrote:2nd stage tests were today but some children sit on later days due to illness etc, please do not reveal any content as it does give the children an advantage, even if they know the maths is hard/easy - the children who sat today had no idea what to expect.

that's true, didn't realise the illness kids bit. been edited
RainbowStars

Post by RainbowStars »

My DD found the maths exam really challenging :( English was definitely better of the two. Really not sure about the outcome now based on her feedback as I understand that in the 2nd stage you need to pass both exams in order to qualify. It's a long waiting process now.
Atharva

Post by Atharva »

Wallington & Nonsuch second round was bit tough for my daughter.
She didn’t do working out for Maths because she said space was not enough.
And other kids said it was not necessary to show working out. So, I am bit confused.
:(