How did you know you got in to school you wanted

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Thwaitsey

How did you know you got in to school you wanted

Post by Thwaitsey »

I did post in the general post but they suggested that I post here. When you get the results on the 11th do you have an idea that your child has got in to the school. We live just outside of east Kent on the border. When you get the results do you find out before the other schools (comprehensive) school. Can you tell me what you do next please. Apply on the normal schools admissions form??? Apply through a different form??? I’m worried I will mess this next step up.
Tinkers

Re: How did you know you got in to school you wanted

Post by Tinkers »

You apply to all state schools, including grammars, on your CAF directly to your LA (even if you are applying to schools not in your LA.

You should have received a ‘moving up to secondary school’ booklet from your LA giving you this info and details of the application process. If you haven’t I’d suggest a google search of ‘secondary school admissions’ together with the LAs name and you should find it there.

The score will give you an indication if whether you *might* get a place or stand a reasonable chance if a place but it all depends on how everyone else applies and what preferences they put down on their CAF
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Btw no one had ‘got a place’ at any school until the 1st march.
Sparklecat

Post by Sparklecat »

Depends on the school. Ours is never oversubscribed and a pass is good enough, so we knew, even if it was still torture to wait for the official offer. Others have a pass mark that varies every year, while some catchment areas change according to demand. Which school are you hoping for?
Thwaitsey

Post by Thwaitsey »

Norton knatchbull, I have read their admission criteria but it doesn’t say much either way and this school doesn’t seem to be mentioned a lot on here.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now