Tiffin Boys outside priority area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
GS Exams

Tiffin Boys outside priority area

Post by GS Exams »

Dear all,
Per Tiffin boys catchment guidelines, the seats are first filled by the boys in Inner priority and then Outer priority. If there are still seats unfilled then only the candidates outside the priority area is considered. We live outside the priority area, by looking at this strict guidelines I am wondering if my boy stands any chance at all and is it even worth taking up the exam. I would obviously move if he gets a place, but no point in moving prior to that. Especially the second stage is after October 31st. So looking out for some suggestions from parents who have given this a go in the past or have done a similar research please... In the previous years has tiffin allocated any space at all to candidates outside priority area? I know it could differ year to year as to how many qualifying children live in the priority area. But it would definitely help me to know the statistics in the previous years. Is there a place where I could check how many outside priority are candidates were given a place in Tiffin boys in the last years?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)
OnlyTw7dad

Re: Tiffin Boys outside priority area

Post by OnlyTw7dad »

if you look at previous years, school says it never allocated any seats beyond inner catchment area. I think given this year record number of applicants from within catchment area, I would say , its slim chance for boys beyond 10km radius from school.
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

Thanks OnlyTw7dad, where did you find this previous year allocation history? Grateful if you could share that information.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

OnlyTw7dad wrote:if you look at previous years, school says it never allocated any seats beyond inner catchment area. I think given this year record number of applicants from within catchment area, I would say , its slim chance for boys beyond 10km radius from school.
Nobody is actually an applicant until they have named the school on their CAF and submitted same to their local authority. But given the sheer volume of exam candidates from within the priority area and the likelihood of them applying if they pass at stage 1, the chance of all places not being filled from their number is remote.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now