Schools knowing results on the 3rd?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ungratefulbiped

Schools knowing results on the 3rd?

Post by Ungratefulbiped »

When exactly do schools get results? I had did previous teacher try to catch my eye on the playground today and give me a pursed lips smile. I was not looking for him and now I'm reading a million things into it (mostly of the dark variety)!
Did schools find out today as I thought it was tomorrow?
Taraific

Re: Schools knowing results on the 3rd?

Post by Taraific »

I believe the Headteachers would of known since last week (or even the week before?), so they can prepare a Headteacher appeal if needs be for the children whom would of just missed out. Whether or not they are allowed to extend the results to staff is unknown to me - I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along to fill in the blanks.
Ungratefulbiped

oh! I had in my head they only knew from tomorrow. I should've been analysing my paranoia long before this afternoon then. Our head has zero chill and the previous teacher was assistant head so I'm sure it's all known. I'd be surprised if the groundskeeper doesn't know, honestly.
Makes me insane. I had to find out the sex while I was pregnant because I didn't personally want to know but it drove me insane that the sonographer would know and I, his mother, wouldn't.
Taraific

Post by Taraific »

Awful isn't it? There's a thread further down discussing the removal of books and the guesswork involved for parents wondering if it's for general moderation or head teacher appeals. (Edit: that thread is actually in the Kent forum - apologies)

Be thankful this information is only coming to light now and your paranoia has only kicked in a couple of days before results day! :lol: My mind has been running rampant since last week.

It's been the longest September I've ever known. Feel like its been months since DD sat the test.

Wishing you and your DC luck for Thursday!
Last edited by Taraific on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I don’t have an answer but I did think only Kent did HT appeals so yes they find out well in advance but for Bexley it is just the day before or what I had heard before. Good luck!
Taraific

Post by Taraific »

PettswoodFiona wrote:I don’t have an answer but I did think only Kent did HT appeals so yes they find out well in advance but for Bexley it is just the day before or what I had heard before. Good luck!
Ah! My apologies then, I was just editing my reply to say that the thread regarding HTA was in fact, in the Kent forum. My mistake. Thanks for clearing that up. First timer here. :oops:
Ungratefulbiped

I hope the HT appeals are over in Bexley. I wouldn't trust our head to pick up my hamster from the vets without incident.
I did read on the Bexley info page that they are given the scores in advance, but I must've gotten the day before from some gossip-fest somewhere...
Ungratefulbiped

Taraific wrote:Awful isn't it? There's a thread further down discussing the removal of books and the guesswork involved for parents wondering if it's for general moderation or head teacher appeals. (Edit: that thread is actually in the Kent forum - apologies)

Be thankful this information is only coming to light now and your paranoia has only kicked in a couple of days before results day! :lol: My mind has been running rampant since last week.

It's been the longest September I've ever known. Feel like its been months since DD sat the test.

Wishing you and your DC luck for Thursday!
Word. I was totally cool until last Friday and then the nerves have taken control and my emotions all over the place. I was actually dreading the day of the scores because then the hope is gone if it's a not selective score. At the moment, it's a bit of a Shroedinger's box and both possibilities are present. Best of luck to you as well. These poor babies.
PeppermintCreams

Post by PeppermintCreams »

I've glad I've only thought about this now after reading this thread :shock: , but I'm going to hazard a guess that the information would have come to Bexley head teachers via the schools internal mail post which is once a week, and different days for different schools depending on the route so I can't help you with specific day. I know what day my son's schools post comes and goes so I would have been going crazy if I'd know they might already know. :oops: Or it might have come by bog standard email directly to the head and no one knows but her. :)

Good luck everyone!
PeppermintCreams

Post by PeppermintCreams »

Emails with the test results will be sent by 4 October 2018.
Results will not be available online. The test result will be
sent to the Head Teacher of your child’s primary school
for information and to assist in the preparation of a review
request if considered appropriate.
The above is what it says on the selection test info. So I'm guessing Bexley heads can request a review if they feel it's appropriate.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now