childcare vouchers - revision courses and mock exams

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
schooling123

childcare vouchers - revision courses and mock exams

Post by schooling123 »

Please does anyone know which tuition centres offer 11+ revision courses or mock exams so that we can pay by childcare vouchers? Thank you
ToadMum

Re: childcare vouchers - revision courses and mock exams

Post by ToadMum »

schooling123 wrote:Please does anyone know which tuition centres offer 11+ revision courses or mock exams so that we can pay by childcare vouchers? Thank you
I'd be surprised if you could use them to pay for revision classes or mock exams - this is not 'childcare'.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

It's not childcare but a quick Google showed that there are tuition centres where they can be used. I won't link to them because I have no idea whether they're any good. But if you Google your question it seems there are some options. Alternatively, if there is a centre near you, it might be worth just asking them?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

loobylou wrote:It's not childcare but a quick Google showed that there are tuition centres where they can be used. I won't link to them because I have no idea whether they're any good. But if you Google your question it seems there are some options. Alternatively, if there is a centre near you, it might be worth just asking them?
It would be interesting to know how they describe their services to HMRC...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Amber

Post by Amber »

ToadMum wrote:
schooling123 wrote:Please does anyone know which tuition centres offer 11+ revision courses or mock exams so that we can pay by childcare vouchers? Thank you
I'd be surprised if you could use them to pay for revision classes or mock exams - this is not 'childcare'.
People do start tutoring very young these days though.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

ToadMum wrote:
loobylou wrote:It's not childcare but a quick Google showed that there are tuition centres where they can be used. I won't link to them because I have no idea whether they're any good. But if you Google your question it seems there are some options. Alternatively, if there is a centre near you, it might be worth just asking them?
It would be interesting to know how they describe their services to HMRC...
Yes I don't know the rules. I was thinking it might be a way to improve access but I'm not sure childcare vouchers would really do that.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Presumably there are childminders who are doubling as tutors and in the case of "centres", their primary business is childcare but they tack tutoring on as an extra? As ToadMum says, I wonder how they declare it to HMRC?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The one in our local Sainsbury's advertises that it take childcare vouchers
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

scary mum wrote:The one in our local Sainsbury's advertises that it take childcare vouchers
The word "childcare" being a highly appropriate description for the quality of tutoring provided ...
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Sally-Anne wrote:
scary mum wrote:The one in our local Sainsbury's advertises that it take childcare vouchers
The word "childcare" being a highly appropriate description for the quality of tutoring provided ...
:lol: :lol:
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now