Reading boys entry 2019 results ...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Smart123

Reading boys entry 2019 results ...

Post by Smart123 »

Hi

.can anyone help me to get to know what is the score needed to secure the place in Reading Boys and can be put 1st preference on caf form .
Also what is the criteria if we are in Reading area what are the chances to get in .
Thanks in advance.
Aethel

Re: Reading boys entry 2019 results ...

Post by Aethel »

It’s different every year. You can look at previous score cutoffs, but it only gives a rough idea, every year the cohort marks will be different.

Caf wise, put the schools in genuine order of preference but always include one “relatively certain” non selective on the bottom as a backup place in case your DC doesn’t qualify/get a place at the selective you may prefer. Otherwise you’ll be allocated a random school that is undersubscribed and may be hard to get to.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Smart123 wrote:Hi

.can anyone help me to get to know what is the score needed to secure the place in Reading Boys and can be put 1st preference on caf form .
Also what is the criteria if we are in Reading area what are the chances to get in .
Thanks in advance.
Have you read the admissions policies? http://www.reading-school.co.uk/page/?t ... ies&pid=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't know about scores as I'm not from your area, but if you look back at the posts from this time last year it will give you an idea, I'm sure.
ETA: there is a sticky at the top of this section : https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10&t=44653" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And putting a school first does not increase your chances of getting that school. Put them in your genuine order of preference and your son will be allocated the one highest up the list that he qualifies for v
scary mum
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Scary has already directed you to the sticky where I keep the historic admissions data for Reading School.

When you get the results you should also get info on how many took the test, how many have qualified and how many of those are in catchment. If the figures aren’t too diff EMT from previous years, then the cutoff for previous years will be similar too.

Distance doesn’t not feature in the admissions as long as you are in catchment (except if two boys have the same score at the cutoff in which case the nearest gets the place) so being in Reading doesn’t make much difference.

Do you have a decent back up school in Reading, I know some are better options than others depending on where you live.

As others have said, put schools down in your order of preference.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I notice your DS has also taken QE and Bucks.

As I’ve stated on the other thread, you have no chance of a Bucks place, so don’t bother even listing those on your CAF it would be a wasted space.

If you have decent scores for both Reading and QE which would be your first choice?
That’s the one you should put first, even if one or both scores is borderline. If one of the scores is a definite no, then obviously your choice is made for you.

Are you ready to move closer to QE? Tbh there’s really nothing much between the schools to warrant the upheaval of upping sticks just for a school that may be perceived as slightly better.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now