One week tomorrow!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
GSHopeful

One week tomorrow!!

Post by GSHopeful »

One week tomorrow and some of you/us will get results. We’re almost there everyone - the wait is nearly over. Good luck to everyone!

Out of interest .... (and to distract me for another week) who plans to look before their dc? Who plans to let their dc look first? I WANT to look first but part of me feels that it’s HIS work and effort and he should be in charge of that envelope. Any advice on managing emotions if the result isn’t a strong enough score?

I’ve been very upfront all along that the 11plus is a little test to see what school is going to suit him the best. Despite this, HIS words are very much ‘pass or fail’. I genuinely don’t want my son struggling by at a grammar school if it wasn’t meant to be, and I know he’s bright, and has the ability to do well at any school. It’s very much more about his confidence and self esteem if the letter isn’t suggestive of a gs place.
Rugbymumto2

Re: One week tomorrow!!

Post by Rugbymumto2 »

If it helps, the envelope is address "to the parents of" and is written to the parents inside. The results are not immediately obvious and therefore having opened and read it in advance will definitely help you explain it to your child. I will definitely open in advance again for DS next year.
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

If it says ‘To the Parents’ - who am I to question! :lol: It’s to me and my husband then! Thank you for that. Fingers crossed xx
Seraphina

Post by Seraphina »

Is it definitely one week tomorrow? I thought they were being sent out wc 15th October, and we are to contact WCC if we haven't heard by the 19th.

I'll open the envelope if it's addressed 'To the Parents', as I want to be prepared, either way, for my daughter's reaction when she knows the result.
Olog08

Post by Olog08 »

I also thought it would be Monday 15th. Our postman doesn't come till around 1pm not sure I can wait that long. We will definitely open ourselves first.
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

from last years posts it looks like some arrived on the Saturday, as they are posted on the Friday before?!
Seraphina

Post by Seraphina »

I'll keep an eye out for the post on Saturday, just in case!
kelbel

Post by kelbel »

My son’s test invitation letter says that results will be by email/via the portal from 15th October if you registered them to take the test online (which we did) so I don’t think we’ll be receiving a letter. I am definitely going to read and understand the results as much as possible before talking to my son about them. If there is no southern/eastern ranking as per last year then it may not be straightforward to see how likely they are to be in with a chance of a place at your preferred school. Good luck to everyone!
GSHopeful

Post by GSHopeful »

You’re right kelbel - lots to take in and analyse before showing DC. Glad I asked now! It looks like from what I can see on last years threads, no one got emails last year, they were all postal results, so I’d ignored the fact that our invitation letter says the same about registering online. Guess it’s a case of wait and see!
kelbel

Post by kelbel »

Hi

Last year, parents received an email around this time in October to say that they were getting their results by post rather than email as planned (which we haven’t had...yet!) so I think we should assume that we’ll get an email unless they tell us otherwise.

Just want the wait to be over with now!