Only one week!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stroudydad

Only one week!!!

Post by stroudydad »

How is everyone??
atomic123

Re: Only one week!!!

Post by atomic123 »

Wishing it was next Friday!!!!
authormum

Post by authormum »

We have just done the tour of all the local schools, so we can see what our options are if the results aren't good.
DD I think is comforted that she'd feel OK at any of them, but having one DD already at SHS, while the schools are all fine, the difference is pretty stark.
So yes, wish it was next week now.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Yeah...jumpy.
It’s a looooooooooong wait.
Birdbridge

Post by Birdbridge »

This is such a long, excruciating process!!!! Next Friday cannot come soon enough! I just want to know now, either way, so I can move on with life!
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

We’ve looked around other schools and have found a couple of comprehensives to put on the CAF if needed, so that’s helped a lot. Really we just want to know one way or the other now.

My partner has a theory that results are emailed in order of registration (I spent a bit of time reading last year’s threads and mentioned that it didn’t seem to be alphabetical or in order of results etc.)
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

I took dd to our alternative school. It was the one we had as a back up for dd1 and we were really happy with it then, felt like we had a win-win situation.

This time I was massively less impressed going round with dd2. Can't put my finger on why. Realised how much I want her at SHS with her sister.

Added to that there have been a whole string of incidents at school, and dd2 is struggling and not very happy. I had a phone call from the member of staff supporting her and one of her comments was "dd2 is in some ways ahead of the other girls, her sense of humour and her maturity put her out of step, and that is one reason why friendships are going wrong." I had a massive sense of deja vu.
This was how it was with ds, and it was what started us down the GS route. Once he was in a school where there were other kids he could relate to, he made friends, was happy and became a different child. It made me realise how much dd2 needs a grammar school .

It is ironic isn't it, that it isn't politically correct to say that sometimes bright kids need other bright kids.
For the other two, I don't think we would have appealed.
For dd2, I think I will fight right through until September to get her in :(
YankBritmum

Post by YankBritmum »

The final countdown cannot come quick enough here, either.

We would be happy with a qualifying score for just one of the GS. Our options are practically non existent for getting a secondary school place, as we are still overseas. Fingers, toes and everything crossed here, for that elusive GS score!

Good luck to all.
jearund

Post by jearund »

Good luck to you all. This was me this time last year with DD (who is loving Ribston) and will be again next year with DS! Re friendship groups, I've noticed this with DS - right from Reception his friendship group has been the (other) top students in the class. When one of them left, he was replaced by the top student in the other class! I think this just shows that they are drawn to those they can most relate to. So I feel just like you - I too would fight until September if needs be! Hopefully neither of us will have to. I'll be watching out for all the postings next week to see how everyone did!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

YankBritmum wrote:The final countdown cannot come quick enough here, either.

We would be happy with a qualifying score for just one of the GS. Our options are practically non existent for getting a secondary school place, as we are still overseas. Fingers, toes and everything crossed here, for that elusive GS score!

Good luck to all.
I’m not normally a fan of the ‘any grammar will do’ theory but have given your circumstances I have everything crossed for you.:-)