Buckinghamshire Result Day 2019 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Smart123

Buckinghamshire Result Day 2019 entry

Post by Smart123 »

Hi
Hope you you all are doing well and counting the result day as I am counting........
I just would like to make sure as I received a email this week said that result will be posted on 11 October...so can I assume that we won't get result through email .If they posted how many days will it take to get it.

Another thing I live in reading which school would be possible to get the admission for my son.
Thank you
Last edited by Smart123 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anotherdad

Re: RESULT DAY 2019 ENTRY......

Post by anotherdad »

Smart123 wrote:Hi
Hope you you all are doing well and counting the result day as I am counting........
I just would like to make sure as I received a email this week said that result will be posted on 11 October...so can I assume that we won't get result through email .If they posted how many days will it take to get it.

Another thing I live in reading which school would be possible to get the admission for my son.
Thank you
It should arrive on Friday but may arrive on Saturday.

You are unlikely to get admission in any Bucks school from Reading.
Smart123

Re: Buckinghamshire RESULT DAY 2019 ENTRY......

Post by Smart123 »

Thank you for the reply..
I heard that some of the bucks school don't have catchment criteria.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

You've heard incorrectly then. Always do your own research. Read the Bucks County Council guidance and admissions policies of the schools you are interested in. Don't rely on hearsay because many, many people are uninformed.

Which school(s) did you like when you visited them? Did you ask them about their admissions policies?

I think you have absolutely no chance of gaining admission in a Bucks school from Reading.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

smart123 - you need to read this: https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... ry-school/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did you check the allocation data here: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=54212" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I agree with anotherdad that you have no chance of a school place for your child.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

anotherdad wrote:You've heard incorrectly then. Always do your own research. Read the Bucks County Council guidance and admissions policies of the schools you are interested in. Don't rely on hearsay because many, many people are uninformed.

Which school(s) did you like when you visited them? Did you ask them about their admissions policies?

I think you have absolutely no chance of gaining admission in a Bucks school from Reading.
Having looked at the allocations data for Bucks and knowing the distance from all the schools in Bucks to the Three Tuns crossroads, I totally agree with Anotherdad.
You really don’t have any chance of a place from Reading. (If you don’t know where the Three Tuns is then you must not be from The East side of Reading and therefore even further away.)
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Smart123, I see you entered your son into tests for Reading and QE, and just yesterday you were asking about their admissions policies! Please tell me you have done some basic research into all these schools before entering into the testing process for them? And have you done some research into alternatives should your son not qualify for Reading or if he qualifies for QE and you can't move to London? It is very late in the process to be asking these questions.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

What others have said is sadly pretty much correct - from Reading, your son stands no chance of admission to a Bucks school, given that places are allocated on catchment and distance, not score.

Please may I ask if you received an email from Bucks CC during the summer term, explaining the way that places are allocated and the realistic chances of gaining a place from further areas?
shahidemran

Re: Buckinghamshire Result Day 2019 entry

Post by shahidemran »

Smart123 wrote:Hi
Smartkhan

Re: Buckinghamshire Result Day 2019 entry

Post by Smartkhan »

I talked to Bucks admissions office and they said if your kid score the expected score they'll give you chance to move to catchment area by 31st October.

Is it correct?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now