Stage 2 Wilsons/SGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

VBusybee

Stage 2 Wilsons/SGS

Post by VBusybee »

Not to discuss the paper, but just want to see how your child felt after the exam. I have just left him at SGS and already I am nervous. Poor souls have to go through this second time to get to their preferred school.
Hope it will be over by 18/19th October.
VBusybee

Re: Stage 2 Wilsons/SGS

Post by VBusybee »

My DS said Maths was tricky towards the end.Also, in creative writing he ran out of ideas :(
Anyone like to share their experience?
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

My DS found maths tricky too and didnt answer few. He found English alright.
pradad

Post by pradad »

My DS mentioned two of the questions he couldn't do at all and time wise it's ok. English he is happy with it. lets see what the markers think.
VBusybee

Post by VBusybee »

My son told me that in the exam they were told not to attempt Q10 as it had an error. Some of my friends children were told Q10 and Q20 were wrong. Did anyone else had the same experience?
My son ended up spending a lot of time working out Q20 and missed a few questions.
Wigham22

Post by Wigham22 »

My son and his friends weee told not to attempt question 10 but he attempted 20 and said it was ok (that doesn’t mean he got it right though)
Last edited by Wigham22 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
VBusybee

Post by VBusybee »

Wigham22 wrote:My son and his friends weee told not to attempt question 10 but he attempted 20 and said it was ok (that doesn’t mean he got it right though)
Exactly! What are they thinking of poor 10/11yr old? Its hard enough to motivate them for second stage and then on the test morning these guys tell them that there is an error on question.
This is just so wrong!!
My son read the question but didn’t bother spending time on it, but again he got Q20 wrong anyway :)
Wigham22

Post by Wigham22 »

VBusybee wrote:
Wigham22 wrote:My son and his friends weee told not to attempt question 10 but he attempted 20 and said it was ok (that doesn’t mean he got it right though)
Exactly! What are they thinking of poor 10/11yr old? Its hard enough to motivate them for second stage and then on the test morning these guys tell them that there is an error on question.
This is just so wrong!!
My son read the question but didn’t bother spending time on it, but again he got Q20 wrong anyway :)

Unfortunately I think this can happen from time to time. I’m just glad it’s finished.
VBusybee

Post by VBusybee »

Wigham22 wrote:
VBusybee wrote:
This is just so wrong!!

Unfortunately I think this can happen from time to time. I’m just glad it’s finished.
Yeah, that’s one way to look at it, that its over.
GS Exams

Post by GS Exams »

Now starts the waiting time for the results. We know the results on 19th but then onlt ion March 1st we know concrete answer. Not knowing the scores is so annoying in the sense we have no idea how brighter are the chances. I keep telling my DS don’t worry now that the exams are over but he has worked so hard and is curious to know if that is going to get him the school he wants to join!