Waiting for results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SofiaCerano

Waiting for results

Post by SofiaCerano »

How is everyone coping with that waiting? This is my first experience of this process and the time is dragging. :roll:
KLJ77

Re: Waiting for results

Post by KLJ77 »

I am so bored of it now LOL, wishing the weeks away just so we can all get on with the next step of submitting high school preference. My daughter isn't even bothered anymore she is happy to go to grammar or the local school which is taking the pressure off.
How about you?!
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

My daughter is the same tbh. I just want to know what we’re dealing with now. Where is your daughter hoping to go? Mine. Really wants Upton but she’s done both tests. Fingers crossed eh.
KLJ77

Post by KLJ77 »

I've heard a lot of good things about Upton, my daughter just did the CEM Wirral/West Kirby test, we are closer to Wirral and she likes it there but she also likes Neston which is our other option. Fingers crossed indeed :)
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

The results are the end of next week aren’t they? I think the Upton results can come anytime now. I don’t think I’ve ever wished days away so much. :D
KLJ77

Post by KLJ77 »

Yes I believe we get the CEM result by 21st which is a Sunday, my friend said last year they got the email on the Friday morning even though it also said by 21st which assume was a Sat last year. Ah I hope you get the Upton results sooner and its a positive outcome. What is your plan B school if she doesnt get the marks she needs?
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

We’re quite close to BHSA, but the admissions process makes me nervous. However last year, all the girls who applied from her primary school secured a place there. Where is your back up? Hopefully neither of us will need it.
KLJ77

Post by KLJ77 »

Another good school I hear from the gossip grapevine ;) Neston High is our catchment school and she's happy with going there, in fact the bus stops in front of the house so I think she quite likes that idea :) The Wirral Grammar bus also stops a few doors down so either way its a win win in terms of transport.

I will be sure to post an update hopefully next Friday! Shame there isn't much activity on the Wirral forum :(
Hopefulmama00

Post by Hopefulmama00 »

Hi all it’s so nice to hear others on this forum for Wirral! My son is hoping to go to Calday and the suspense is killing me! How did your children feel after the exam? My son seemed positive and I think he was glad to just be able to chill at the weekends instead of doing practice papers! Good luck to you all. I hope all of our children get the results they deserve xx
SofiaCerano

Post by SofiaCerano »

Hopefulmama00 wrote:Hi all it’s so nice to hear others on this forum for Wirral! My son is hoping to go to Calday and the suspense is killing me! How did your children feel after the exam? My son seemed positive and I think he was glad to just be able to chill at the weekends instead of doing practice papers! Good luck to you all. I hope all of our children get the results they deserve xx
Hi! Glad your son found it ok, my DD, is a girl of few words. She said it was “hard but not impossible”. She found the Upton exam easier, which I’d prepared her for. I’d be delighted if she passed either, but she would prefer Upton over Wirral grammar I think. Good luck to your son.