2019 Tiffin Boys Stage-2

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vnaras

2019 Tiffin Boys Stage-2

Post by vnaras »

Hi, Does anyone have any idea what will be the percentage of importance to the Stage-2 performance for the final selection-2019 for Tiffin Boys? Some people said that stage-1 marks would carry no weight other than for qualifying to stage-2; and some said stage-1 marks are for 10% and stage-2 marks are for 90%. Please could you share your knowledge on this? Thank you.
scary mum

Re: 2019 Tiffin Boys Stage-2

Post by scary mum »

I googled this & found some helpful FAQs on the school website, one of which holds the answer to your question:
.The Combined Score, will comprise 10% each of English and Maths from Stage One, 40%
each of English and Maths from Stage Two.
scary mum
RainbowStars

Post by RainbowStars »

Hi, I think the confusion may have been added from parents with girls? So for the girls, stage 1 does not count towards the final selection i.e. it carries no weight.
Irisa

Post by Irisa »

3 years ago it was just 2nd round mark that counted - 1st round mark was totally disregarded. That is probably why the 1st round score had been disclosed. Looks like they have changed the rules.
vnaras

Post by vnaras »

Thank you all for the info.

So, Stage-1 scores will no longer be revealed this year but simply inviting the qualified kids to the Stage-2 exam?

Will Stage-2 scores be revealed so that we have an idea as to where they stand?
Irisa

Post by Irisa »

vnaras wrote:Thank you all for the info.

So, Stage-1 scores will no longer be revealed this year but simply inviting the qualified kids to the Stage-2 exam?

Will Stage-2 scores be revealed so that we have an idea as to where they stand?
Reading those FAQ on Tiffin's website, it looks like the scores only will be given to those NOT offered a place. On 4th March, after the National Offer day.

I think their policy is the same as for the Sutton grammar schools - those offered a place do not know their score.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now