Address

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sf2007

Address

Post by sf2007 »

Hi

Does anybody know whether I need to be in the catchment area in order to apply for the SATs exam or the grammar school?

I live in Northampton and there are no grammar schools there, but I want my kid to go a grammar school, possibly in Rugby. Therefore, I need to know the time I need to look for a home there if necessary.

Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: Address

Post by hermanmunster »

Rugby High School:
The overall priority area for Rugby High School is based on a circle with a radius of 10.004 miles drawn from the Rugby Water Tower. In drawing a priority area in this manner, the grammar schools are able to comply with their duty to follow the Greenwich Judgement (1989).
However, this circle is then split further with a smaller area contained within, which includes the town of Rugby and its surrounding villages. This smaller area is defined as Priority Area 1 (“Area 1”), or ‘East Warwickshire’. The whole circle is then defined as Priority Area 2 (“Area 2”), or the ‘Eastern Priority Circle’. The smaller area, which is known as ‘Area 1’ (East Warwickshire), is contained within the circle. Therefore, children who reside within East Warwickshire (Area 1) are also classed as residents of ‘Area 2’ – the ‘Eastern Priority Circle’.

A map of the priority areas can be seen on the school’s website.

Evidence will be requested to prove that the child is resident within the priority areas by the deadline of Monday
31st December 2018 (see the appendix for further details).
Lawrence Sherriff (picked wrong year here but implies end of December)
Eligibility
A map, setting out the respective admission areas is attached (see Appendix 1 for further important
details of the residency rules). Eligibility for entry to Year 7 is dependent on the child’s sex being
male. Evidence will be requested to prove whether the child is resident within the priority areas by
the deadline of Friday 29 December 2017. Warwickshire Admissions will require, on behalf of the
school, evidence of the applicant’s home address. Parents/Carers will be notified each time this is
required. The Admissions Service may also carry out a home visit to the family to further verify an
applicant’s address. Similarly, where relevant, Warwickshire Admissions will require, on behalf of the
School, evidence that a child is in receipt of the Children in Care/Children Adopted from Care Pupil
Premium/Service Children Premium. The School reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a place if
it is established that the offer has been made on the basis of a fraudulent or intentionally misleading
application. ]
sportsforall

Re: Address

Post by sportsforall »

You can apply to those schools from outside of the priority areas - they are just that PRIORITY but not exclusivity. However, you chances of getting in are considerably reduced the further away from the school you are. AND you need to factor in journey times. We are around 250 metres outside of the largest priority circle and the journey for my DDs is an hour door-to-door each way as we have to drive to the bus stop. RHS also has quite a long school day - it starts at 8:50 and finishes at 3:45.