Getting results

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

parent1011

Getting results

Post by parent1011 »

Hi,

My ex partner is refusing to give me the results for my daughters' 11 plus exams. Does anyone know how I am able to obtain them as I don't have access to the online portal?

Thanks.
Tinkers

Re: Getting results

Post by Tinkers »

Other forum members may be able to help better if you tell us the school/LA.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Have you spoken to your local authority to find out their stance on this situation? If you have and they can't help, many local law firms offer a free initial consultation. It may be worthwhile looking into it because if you're having problems now, you will presumably have more difficulties when it comes to the CAF process.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

speak to the local authority. In many organisations eg health related, if there is sight of the parental responsibility agreement then info can be give to both parents
piggys

Post by piggys »

Yes I would deal with the LA and also try to get something going with the school. Are you the primary caregiver? you are entitled to these details.

On another note, your ex sounds like a total d**k and I'm glad he's past and not current.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Naughty piggy....making the assumption that the ex is a he....not necessarily!!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

piggys wrote:Yes I would deal with the LA and also try to get something going with the school. Are you the primary caregiver? you are entitled to these details.

On another note, your ex sounds like a total d**k and I'm glad he's past and not current.

How strange.. I had assumed the complete opposite
parent1011

Post by parent1011 »

lol, thanks for the advice. I'll get in touch with LA.

"Her" reasoning is that she doesn't want the children (twins) to know their results as she thinks they'll get ridiculed if their results aren't good enough or if one does better than the other.

I, on the other hand, think they should know whatever their results are, life's full of rivalry and they're at an age where they need to learn this life skill. Although I will respect her decision not to tell them.

She says she will tell me eventually but when the schools are allocated.
Last edited by parent1011 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

There have been a few parents of twins on the forum and a few are still around (some with differing results for their twins too). If one drops by they might be able to give you some insight into how they dealt with results, which may help.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Ricky74 over in 'Birmingham...' springs to mind - you could search for their posts (pity we don't have the facility to 'tag' fellow members).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx