Beths or Chis and Sid?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
streathammum

Re: Beths or Chis and Sid?

Post by streathammum »

PeppermintCreams wrote:He said he got the data from the council about a year afterwards.
Oh OK, it is possible that schools could request the data about raking once the data is no longer live, I suppose.

I remain surprised that everyone would have put the school first though. That just doesn't seem very likely.
oob mum17

Post by oob mum17 »

PeppermintCreams wrote:Are there any children who attend Chis and Sid who didn't put it as first choice? When we went to visit, the headteacher claimed that every single child already there put Chis and Sid as first choice, and I'm finding that really hard to believe. :?
I know of students in Y9 who put it down as their second and third choice so this is definitely not true.

Every school will eventually know about the preferences made after or just before March 1st.
SashaK

Post by SashaK »

Going back to a previous query...you will find at grammar school students come from a very diverse range of backgrounds and Chis and Sid is no different.

It’s a great school and I think that the purple blazers are absolutely lovely!

Ultimately the decision is down to each child as to the best ‘fit’ for them. Good luck.
Ungratefulbiped

Post by Ungratefulbiped »

I very much appreciate you all taking the time to respond. I'm forming a picture and have my preferences in theory. Going to see Beth's tomorrow night, Chis &Sid Friday morning, Bullers Boys Saturday ( we are really not a certain for any comprehensive so have no safety!) and Bexley Tuesday and then I'm done done done. This school viewing is exhausting. We'd done all the Catholic and comps before the results as I wanted ds to feel excited about some choices in case he wasn't selective.
In the end you choose where you can see your child
Being the happiest they can be and challenges will always arise. It's a great problem to have to choose between 3 fantastic schools and I won't even take the cartoon purple uniform into account for preferences! :lol:
PeppermintCreams

Post by PeppermintCreams »

Have a google for Sozzlehurst and Hiccup. It was a long time ago, and a very very funny story. I now know why my mother :roll: tutted at the family from my primary school who sent their kids there. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: (Obviously the story wouldn't put me off the school these days)
thickasabrick

Post by thickasabrick »

Every school will eventually know about the preferences made after or just before March 1st.
How?

If someone from outside the borough applies, does their CAF even go to Bexley admissions? I would have thought there's no way Bexley could even know about preferences outside of Bexley.

I really hope the council only give out generalised preference info (say 70% put X as a first choice) and not individual choices - I would be horrified!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

thickasabrick wrote:
How?

If someone from outside the borough applies, does their CAF even go to Bexley admissions? I would have thought there's no way Bexley could even know about preferences outside of Bexley.

I really hope the council only give out generalised preference info (say 70% put X as a first choice) and not individual choices - I would be horrified!
It is a pan admissions area. It doesn’t matter where you apply from, if you meet the admissions criteria for a school in a different LA. So many children live near the boundaries of numerous authorities and districts they may be closer to school in a different LA to the one where they live. It really doesn’t make any difference where you apply from, the key things to be married up are where you live, any relevant info like faith
Or ECHP etc and then match it up to the admissions criteria of the school.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Schools never find out where students/parents have put them on their CAF.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The EHCP route is separate from the general CAF application route, assuming that the process has been completed in a timely fashion.

I suppose that schools can work out that they were placed below at least one other school, if they rank candidates in-house (not all academies do - some buy the service in from their maintaining LEA) and an applicant who was ranked within PAN isn't on the final admissions list. I'm not sure that your average governors' admissions sub-committee would have the time, energy or I clination to check, though?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Ungratefulbiped

Post by Ungratefulbiped »

I've heard the same said of St Thomas More in Eltham and I don't believe it for a second. I am certain people put dream schools they are not in catchment for first all the time!
I also read that snozzlehurst stuff when I was investigating. Sounds like a made up story to take down a good school reputation as that stuff was happening everywhere!
I did have another question about Beth's. As they are boys only do they mix with Townley on a regular basis? My ds can get overwhelmed by friendship politics and enjoys having girls in his friend group. I think they provide an emotional touchstone for him. So would still like regular routine girls in his social circle. Does that make sense?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now