Post by daddyof3 »

Hello Everyone

Please could you advise us?

My dc passed the Kent test , her scores are below:

Maths 129
English 125
Reasoning 134

Total- 388

Will this be enough for a OCC place at Dartford Girls? Do we have a chance of gaining a Wilmington Girls Governor Place?

Thanks so much in advance.
pabloc

Re: Are these scores enough for DGGS?

Post by pabloc »

similarly 380 for the Boys grammar, with scores ranging from 114 to 141.

it will help us decide whether to move to Bexley or stay where we are and go to Kent

thanks
Clawhit

Post by Clawhit »

@daddyof3 On previous years yes - only the coming days/weeks/months will say if enough for next year but I would certainly be hopeful for you.

@pabloc is this for OCC? definitely after first and second round last year for the boys would be a no unfortunately I believe the first cut off was 384 this year and although OCC places were the only ones to see movement between first and second round this year I think by second round it only dropped to 383. However I would stress do not be disheartened by that as by August/September there was huge amounts of movement for both local boys and OCC and then the scores dropped. HTH
daddyof3

Post by daddyof3 »

Thanks so much Clawhit.
pabloc

Post by pabloc »

yes I am OOC.

Thanks for the info...yeah looks touch and go. Fortunately he also has some choices in Bexley, but they will be dependent on distance as he isn't super selective.

we might need to move home and fast!
Clawhit

Post by Clawhit »

pabloc wrote:yes I am OOC.

Thanks for the info...yeah looks touch and go. Fortunately he also has some choices in Bexley, but they will be dependent on distance as he isn't super selective.

we might need to move home and fast!
Please make sure you waitlist - it sounds harsh but 2 boys have already been expelled so if you don’t mind a last minute call it’s worth hanging in there.
xnataliax

Post by xnataliax »

Hello daddyof3
Many congratulations to your family and your DD! All that hard work paid off.
The cut off score for OOC for DGGS was 385 on national offer day. This dropped to 383 for the second round. Our DD got an offer 2 weeks ago off the waitlist with a score of 376 so if this year follows a similar trend your DD is in a very good position even if you don’t get an offer on the first round so hold your nerve!
For the Wilmington governors place for the maths component, the cut off score was 125; again you are in with a good shout here based on last year but no one can predict what happens each year.
Well done to everyone and I hope the above has helped!
Best wishes
Sorrel

Post by Sorrel »

Two boys have already been expelled from Year 7 of Dartford GS, clawhit? Really - whatever for? Or were places withdrawn because of shenanigans about entry qualification?
daddyof3

Post by daddyof3 »

Thanks so much for your post xnataliax . We are hoping to attend the DGGS open evening next week. Really interesting about Wilmington Girl's Grammar. Seems like we may have some options.

Thanks again.
Clawhit

Post by Clawhit »

Sorrel wrote:Two boys have already been expelled from Year 7 of Dartford GS, clawhit? Really - whatever for? Or were places withdrawn because of shenanigans about entry qualification?
One boy on day 4 for an incident at the train station whilst wearing DGS uniform second boy for fighting (2nd boy unsure if expelled or excluded) either way not good. The school is definitely firm but the speed of teaching is second to none DS is loving it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now