Skinners cut off for catchment area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mcapavan

Skinners cut off for catchment area

Post by mcapavan »

Hello,
My DS got 365. I see last year cut off score is 356. How to validate if my son get place in Skinners this year? Is there any easy way to identify the possibility / probability? We live in Tunbridge Wells.

Thanks in advance.
Optymum

Re: Skinners cut off for catchment area

Post by Optymum »

The admissions criteria has changed for Skinners this year, I think. If you have scored over 360, then places are allocated in the main on distance from the school. If you are in T Wells, I would think you would have a very good chance for Skinners. It is a lovely school; my DS is in year 10 and loves it. :D
Sevenoaks mum

Post by Sevenoaks mum »

Yes you will definitely get in on that score. As said above the admission criteria has changed this year so that everyone over 360 gets in based on distance. So a boy scoring 360 living in T Wells would get priority over a boy with a score of 420 living in Sevenoaks.

I've got a son in year 9. It is a great school.
mcapavan

Post by mcapavan »

Many thanks for the information. It's a great relief. My son was very disappointed with the scores and he wants to go to Skinners desperately.
PanicMode

Post by PanicMode »

He will be fine - they have done the same as Judd and giving 140 local children priority (plus there is also a sibling priority this year). I've got a Y10 son who is loving Skinners so thrilled my next son has scored enough too.

I filled in the SCAF yesterday and was surprised that it said there was a SIF for Skinners, but I checked this morning and it's only if you are FSM eligible, so ignore if you aren't!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now