Newstead Results 2018 - Waiting thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Exams2018

Newstead Results 2018 - Waiting thread

Post by Exams2018 »

Waiting for the most important man in my life today (the postman)

This morning is rather peaceful after our happy Kent result yesterday. I hope everyone gets the result they want today :)

Good Luck!

Ps: First one to get the letter - pls create Newstead results 2018 thread and post your scores there. Just to make it easy for ppl digging up info in the following years
PettswoodFiona

Re: Newstead Results 2018 - Waiting thread

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Last year places on offer day were 222 and during the Spring went down to a score of 220 and waitlist position 13 - that we know of. There may have been more but they didn’t post at the time.

The year DD qualified they posted on the day they said and we got the next day so if they do the same then it says they will post first class today and you will get the results tomorrow. One year they posted early so they may arrive today but don’t panic if you don’t get anything in the post today.

Some of the information was shared anonymously by people who had a close miss and preferred to pm me the info to relay without naming names. If you feel comfortable doing that it would be a great help to others.

This year is the first year of the PP top 350 places. How that affects those who require a place on score we won’t know. I suspect a lot of those who got in on score in the past were in the top 350 anyway so it may not have a massive impact. Entry for Sept 2016, the score went as low as 215 but we haven’t seen that low blip repeat itself in the two years since.

Good luck everyone, my DD is in Y9 and enjoying the school. If you have any questions about the school then do get in touch.

In case anyone is thinking that the last OFSTED report is old, a new one is due imminently following an inspection this week.
apprentice

Post by apprentice »

PettswoodFiona wrote: This year is the first year of the PP top 350 places. How that affects those who require a place on score we won’t know. I suspect a lot of those who got in on score in the past were in the top 350 anyway so it may not have a massive impact.
Forgive my ignorance but what is PP top 350 places?
That sounds somehow worrisome. :(
shelley75

Post by shelley75 »

apprentice wrote:
PettswoodFiona wrote: This year is the first year of the PP top 350 places. How that affects those who require a place on score we won’t know. I suspect a lot of those who got in on score in the past were in the top 350 anyway so it may not have a massive impact.
Forgive my ignorance but what is PP top 350 places?
That sounds somehow worrisome. :(

I think it means if you receive free school meals (Pupil premium ) and you get a top 350 score you will get a place.
KentbridgeDad

Post by KentbridgeDad »

Good luck to all. We are relieved after the Kent result yesterday now as Newsteadwood was our backup option. Is postal letter the only way we will know abt the result?
bluesea

Post by bluesea »

apprentice. shelley is correct.

Pupil Premium or Service Premium children will be given places if they have scored in the top 350. This is before other children, who do not meet PP or SP criteria, who will have scored above them. It will be interesting to see how many PP and SP pupils this will mean. The school will receive a much higher per pupil sum for each PP/SP child. This will help the finance issues.

Here is the website information.

"Group 1
Girls living within a 9 mile radius of the school who are in receipt of Pupil Premium
or Service Premium at the time of application to sit the test and are ranked in the
top 350 of the rank order will automatically receive a place. Documentary evidence
that the parent has been in receipt of the appropriate support payment entitling
the child to Pupil Premium or Service Premium will be required.

Group 2
Girls who live within a 9 mile radius of the school or girls of a member of Newstead
Wood staff who has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time
at which the application for admission is made and who live outside the 9 mile
radius.
and

Group 3 Girls who do not meet the above conditions."
Fiedi

Post by Fiedi »

Postman has been but no post from Newstead. What can I do? Can I phone the school? :( :(
Exams2018

Post by Exams2018 »

No post here. Tomorrow then may be :(
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Fiedi wrote:Postman has been but no post from Newstead. What can I do? Can I phone the school? :( :(
Don't phone the school until Monday. As mentioned above the SIF says "Outcomes will be posted from Friday 12th October 2018', which I believe means it is very unlikely it will arrive today unless they posted them early, it usually take first class post for me to arrive one or two days after posting.
Fiedi

Post by Fiedi »

PettswoodFiona wrote:
Fiedi wrote:Postman has been but no post from Newstead. What can I do? Can I phone the school? :( :(
Don't phone the school until Monday. As mentioned above the SIF says "Outcomes will be posted from Friday 12th October 2018', which I believe means it is very unlikely it will arrive today unless they posted them early, it usually take first class post for me to arrive one or two days after posting.

Sorry. I meant our own school. I read somewhere our school gets the results a day or two before we do. Is that right?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now