House moves after deadline - advice please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vegmad

House moves after deadline - advice please

Post by vegmad »

We are currently occ. DD1 is y9 at dggs and dd2 has just passed with a good score but not enough for occ.

We are considering moving since all of our family connections have recently moved from a couple of roads away to Kent, so it makes sense.

We have seen a house we actually really like, but realistically selling our house and completing by the 8th Dec is not likely.

If we move after this date and potentially after offers day, are we waitlisted or would we have to wait for 12plus, I'm not sure how it works?

Thanks
ToadMum

Re: House moves after deadline - advice please

Post by ToadMum »

vegmad wrote:We are currently occ. DD1 is y9 at dggs and dd2 has just passed with a good score but not enough for occ.

We are considering moving since all of our family connections have recently moved from a couple of roads away to Kent, so it makes sense.

We have seen a house we actually really like, but realistically selling our house and completing by the 8th Dec is not likely.

If we move after this date and potentially after offers day, are we waitlisted or would we have to wait for 12plus, I'm not sure how it works?

Thanks
If your DD is qualified for a place, but not ranked high enough on the criteria to get an offer initially, she will go on the waiting list. If living on a certain place is ranked higher than being where you live at the moment, then moving there will put her further up the waiting list.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
vegmad

Re: House moves after deadline - advice please

Post by vegmad »

Thanks Toadmum that makes sense. We have 1 more result today which is dd2's top choice. We will then have to review our options.

I'm so glad this is the last time I'll have to do this process!