Trump - does he have a single redeeming feature?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
piggys

Re: Trump - does he have a single redeeming feature?

Post by piggys »

Clearly Trump is way cooler than Theresa, with Ye in his pocket. Seriously, Kanye and Donald? The man really is deranged.
Amber

Post by Amber »

You have to laugh at this, even though of course the subject matter is rather serious:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46256296" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All that education; and Finns spend their days raking forests. Who knew?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

mike1880 wrote:
anotherdad wrote:Bucks Fizz also released "Land of Make Believe" as a single.
How to waste a morning...they also released:

"Now Those Days Are Gone"
"If You Can't Stand the Heat"
"Run for Your Life"
"Heart of Stone"

Maybe they should be the official band of the Conservative Party?
:lol:
After this week, a cover version of ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ would go down well
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Amber wrote:You have to laugh at this, even though of course the subject matter is rather serious:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46256296" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:shock:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Amber wrote:You have to laugh at this, even though of course the subject matter is rather serious:

Or not, as the case may be :lol: .

I wonder where the conversation took place, that either did or didn't involve the information that Finns rake their forests. Surely there would have been an aide or two handy, taking notes?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Some of the instagrams/tweets from Finland have been very funny :D
scary mum
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Today, he's tweeted conclusive evidence of global warming being a myth:

"Brutal and Extended Cold Blast could shatter ALL RECORDS - Whatever happened to Global Warming?"

It was only last week that he was visiting wildfire territory, so presumably he thinks global warming was a week-long phase or something.

I cannot think of anyone else in history whose status is so inversely proportional to their intelligence. And to be that thick that you then advertise that stupidity on Twitter? Incredible.
Amber

Post by Amber »

One of my dinner companions last night is an American, and she is hopeful that Trump will be investigated now that the House has a Democratic majority - apparently there are already moves afoot to nail him some time after Christmas. He has apparently become more and more bad-tempered and erratic since the mid-terms. Apparently he got a roasting in the US press about the non-attendance at Veterans' Day there as well as the debacle in France. My friend gave me a couple of names to watch - Nathalia Fernandez was one of them, I need check the others. She said there are slow but hopeful signs that the NRA is losing popularity. One has to hold onto small signs of hope in these dark times.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

There is a movement across America where doctors are basically tweeting the NRA pictures of the aftermath of gun crime, following the NRA telling doctors gun legislation was none of their business (or something similar). I think that has had a huge impact, alongside a mother who lost her son recently and was incredibly emotional and articulate as she told the TV cameras that she didn't want people's prayers and thoughts, she wanted gun control.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

kenyancowgirl wrote:There is a movement across America where doctors are basically tweeting the NRA pictures of the aftermath of gun crime, following the NRA telling doctors gun legislation was none of their business (or something similar). I think that has had a huge impact, alongside a mother who lost her son recently and was incredibly emotional and articulate as she told the TV cameras that she didn't want people's prayers and thoughts, she wanted gun control.
THis is an article linking to that.
https://www.good.is/articles/nra-doctor ... thKOQj-t2A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's all over the medical press here in the UK.

ETA: some of the pictures are horrific; you might want to be careful where you open the link.